• To Manage the activities of the quality system, dealing with QMS, Support Customer Complaint Management, and Continual Improvement Projects focusing on Quality Improvements and Trainings to Supply Chain teams. Guide improvement and sustenance of the Quality Management system for the Africa supply Chain Organization.
• Supporting the supply chain team in setting up procedures and guidelines for effective Quality Management Systems.
• Review outsourced processes which affect the QMS or the quality of the products and set controls in place.
• Set a process to make sure availability of relevant documents at appropriate points of use with proper control.
• Review Quality Objectives of each function and the Quality Policy at defined intervals.
• Develop a QMS organization with proper representation from each function; set targets, review outcomes and establish a sound internal communication process.
• Lead or support QMS management review meetings in the region ensuring follow up and best practice sharing.
• Review the competency, training and training effectiveness evaluations of people working in manufacturing functions in association with line managers
• Improvement and transformation of the Quality Management System from the newest ISO standard.
• Support documentation requirements of various quality, compliance, certification and accreditation programs such as ISO 9001 & ETS.
• Review gap analysis and reviews of Product and Process requirements, Non-Conforming product / process Handling process; set controls and tracking throughout the cycle.
• Guide the team during problem solving processes. Track corrective and preventive actions for manufacturing problems & gaps.
• Keep a track on Continual Improvement projects.
• Arranges to register complaints in GIMS, plans Root Cause Analysis and related tests, reviews test updates.
• Support the complaints manager to assess the severity of complaints, arrange field visits for severe complaints and support sales team for quick corrective actions in the field.
Key areas of responsibility
• ISO 9001-2008/ 2015 Certification.
• Timely completion of Internal audits, MR meetings and other QMS goals linked to manufacturing functions.
• Updates in Procedures, Work Instruction and Forms
• Effective Trainings and Training effectiveness evaluations in Supply Chain.
• Customer complaint validation – accuracy of analysis and timely conclusion.
• Manufacturing functions from QMS perspective.
• Process controls in SC functions through QMS.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Tertiary education in Agricultural Science
• Minimum five years experience in the Seed Industry.
• Minimum three years experience in Quality Management Systems
• Fluent in English
• SAP, MS Office software (Excel, E-mail, Word, Project etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational and planning ability (Setting appropriate milestones and demonstrating forward progress)
• Strong teamwork (flexibility to work across the areas and positively influencing others)
• Establish clear direction and making decisions on a timely manner
• Good problem solving skills
• Result oriented
• ISO auditor
• Sound knowledge of Seed production
• Sound knowledge of Quality Management Systems in an agricultural environment with a focus on seed
• General knowledge of Supply Chain processes.
• Position is based in Fourways
• Regular travel between sites
• Travel to Kenya, Malawi and Zambia to promote seed quality and commitment to management systems.
• The ability to fit within the Monsanto culture and work ethic