VICELAND is looking for a Manager, Social Media to join its team and effectively manage social strategy across all key platforms. This position will responsible for managing and driving linear tune-in, engagement and social video views for maximum reach, relevance, and effectiveness.
This encompasses utilizing both live (Snapchat, Instagram Stories, Facebook Live) and edited/pre-recorded content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). In addition to defining best practices and maintaining a weekly calendar, this person should also be looking at show-specific activations, partnerships, and content plans to drive buzz and viewership for show priorities.
This person will also be responsible for contributing to channel- and show-level strategy decks and monthly/quarterly reports on audience growth and engagement.
- Plan and maintain social publishing calendar, balancing brand, show, and campaign content across all channels including YouTube and VICELAND.com
- Build out and present show-specific launch plans to present with the marketing team to partners, sales, and show teams
- Drive growth against weekly and monthly targets to keep building our audience and cross-platform video views
- Ideate partnerships and content plans to build out new avenues for audience growth for the master brand and show teams
- Developing the live video POV for VICELAND - including developing story best practices for show teams shooting in the field, and franchise/series ideas for Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, Snapchat, and Periscope
- Report on performance for social content in collaboration with the research team
- Ideate shortform and social video concepts to accompany new programming on the channel
- Must be fluent in all social platforms, incl. engagement best practices, formats, specs and paid promotion opportunities
- 3-4 years experience managing social accounts for a publisher or brand (ideally media/TV)
- Comfortable with talent- and client-facing reports and coordination - account management experience a plus
- Experience working with creative teams, especially video editors and designers
- Strong written skills, especially for creative briefs, strategy documents and creative synopses
- Keen eye for memes