We’re ONE team that is driven by our vision to unleash the power of human collaboration by delivering innovative, world-class solutions to our customers. We work smart, with a collaborative state of mind that drives our strategy and helps us achieve our common goals.
Polycom’s innovative spirit begins with our people. We empower your personal and professional growth and we strive to give you everything you need to achieve your highest level of excellence. With your help, we’ll accomplish great things.
Polycom is seeking a brilliant System Software Development Manager to take part in cutting edge Video endpoint development. The ideal candidate is a passionate about software development and low level Linux/Android Systems, and is eager to take part in building Polycom next generation of collaboration solutions. The candidate should be a hands-on technical manager with prior experience managing a team of 5-7 talented individuals in a scrum environment.
In this position, you will be responsible for the success of a highly skilled individual contributors, lead design and architecture discussions, collaborate with other functions and development team within the company and be responsible for hiring, training and growing new talents.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Recruit, coach and grow high performing engineers
- Guide team members to make good technical decisions
- Lead product development and requirements for your team as a Scrum Product Owner, and take ownership of your team's delivery in close collaboration with other product owners, UX designers, and other engineering teams.
- Drive iterative and on-time delivery of software
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3+ years people management experience.
- 5+ years working with low level Embedded Linux/Android development, including Kernel, Drivers and bring up new HW.
- Experienced Linux System SW development background with Knowledge of the Android framework/SDK on recent releases (preferably Android M)
- You solve problems with deep hands-on technical expertise
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You can juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You have a deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Master degree
- Hires and develops great people
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Hands-on experience with USB, Wi-Fi, Gadgets or HDMI drivers, worked with Video/Audio interfaces.
Highlights of our benefits include: Benefits effective on date of hire; competitive time off with accrual beginning immediately; 12 paid holidays including flexible holidays; 401k with company match; tuition reimbursement.Polycom
embraces diversity and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally-protected basis. Polycom participates in E-Verify.