Eaton has an opening for an Electrical Tester at its Wilsonville, Oregon facility on 1st shift.
The primary responsibility of a Tester is to plan, electronically/electrically test, and inspect items such as Low Voltage Assemblies, Medium Voltage Controls, Medium Voltage Assemblies, Motor Control Centers / Enclosed Control and/or Medium Voltage Switches in order to verify correct product function. Perform troubleshooting and repair as required. Do this according to specifications, test and working procedures.
- Work from oral and/or written instructions from engineering and/or supervisors and/or prints, diagrams and manufacturing information sheets
- Prepare apparatus (testing equipment) for test and inspections in accordance with procedures and test specifications. Move apparatus to and from test and position as required
- Perform mechanical inspection and insulation tests as required
- Perform electrical sequence tests, according to the specifications, diagram or schematic, as required. Check out inter-related electrical circuits between separate cells where methods and procedures have been established. Check out metering circuits. Inspect and test standard and non-standard fixed assemblies.
- Familiar with PLC and electrical protection and control relay programming
- Inspect cells, panels and components for appearance, omissions, damage, and electro-mechanical malfunction
- Troubleshoot malfunctions of apparatus under test to determine causes and report findings to the supervisor, engineering, etc.
- Check all components listed on customer orders to make sure orders are complete prior to packaging and shipment
- Work in conjunction with Engineering, Quality Control, OpEx, etc., concerning test procedures, specifications and problems
- Ensure changes, corrections and repairs are made as required; follow the NCR process established by the Portland Power Center
- Make recommendations to other personnel concerning assembly, checking, calibration, and wiring procedures
- Ensure maintenance and calibration of equipment is being completed
- Maintain records and reports as required
- Work alongside Product Application Engineers and Power Center Management to lead successful customer witness tests
- Work in a safe manner, observing all safety rules and protocol. Report unsafe situations to Supervisor. Stop all work immediately if unsafe conditions warrant.
- Maintain orderly and clean working area using 5S process
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
able to read and understand standard electrical control circuits
Participate in and demonstration of understanding of other programs, such as MESH, 5S, Eaton Safety Process (ESP), etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Capable of performing electrical testing on multiple product lines
- Strong background in electrical systems
- Associates degree Engineering
- Four (4) years’ experience in a similar role
- Understanding of Low Voltage Assemblies, Medium Voltage Controls, Medium Voltage Assemblies, Motor Control Centers, Enclosed Control and/or Medium Voltage Switches
- Testing experience including extensive customer interface
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No