Udacity's mission is to democratize education. We're an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for people to join our Engineering team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
We're looking for a sr. software engineer to join our Engineering team. As an engineer focusing on backend services, you’ll be working on many high impact projects that help people discover and choose Udacity. You will build products and services that support scaling our traffic acquisition efforts and user data pipeline.
- Scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speediness and quality.
- Partner with Growth engineers and other engineering teams to optimize, test, and scale frontend services.
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24x7.
- Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross functional, and company-wise critical programs.
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
- BS + 5 years of relevant work experience, MS + 3 years of relevant work.
- Experience in designing and building infrastructure and web services at large scale.
- Proven coding skills in Ruby + Rails, Python, Go, database design and SQL, and/or knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming.
- Strong object oriented skills.
- Experience with relational databases (transactional and non-transactional), database architecture, and distributed transaction management.
- Strong understanding of how to build high performance web applications.
- Passionate about education.
- Empathy for our students.
- A motivated individual who enjoys finding creative solutions to new problems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Read Full Description