WHO IS ZUME PIZZA?
We are innovators and food lovers obsessed with delivering the best food in the universe. Our passion for pizza (and technology) has led us to reinvent dozens of things about the way we create and deliver our food, from Bruno, one of our robots who puts our pies into the ovens, to our fleet of custom-built food trucks, to our patented compostable packaging.
We have patented Cooking en Route technology that allowed us to create the world’s First Baked-on-the-Way vehicle, ensuring that our pizzas arrive fresh from the oven and without stabilizers and preservatives that other pizza delivery companies rely on.
Food = love. We have an employee first philosophy and we’re deeply committed to investing in the happiness satisfaction and success of everyone we work with. We are looking for a team who feels the same way!
ZUME Pizza is generously backed by Silicon Valley’s premier investors and we are poised for explosive growth.
As an Operations Manager, you will be the cross-functional owner of multiple strategic initiatives impacting the Operations and Fleet team at Zume. You will be a member of the Operations leadership team and will work closely with Product, Engineering, Culinary, Marketing, and Design. Your role will cover a mix of responsibilities that typically fall under Business Operations, Strategic Projects, Product Operations, and Core Operations.
- Own cross-functional strategic initiatives that fundamentally impact Zume’s Operations and Fleet team, covering expansion / growth, technology roll-outs / upgrades, and process improvement.
- Develop a project plan by coordinating with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Track plan progress and proactively solve issues with appropriate stakeholders.
- Maintain a regular reporting cadence to Executive and Operations management.
- Lead various Operations and Fleet process definition and improvement initiatives.
- Understand current functional processes and systems.
- Gather requirements for new processes and systems.
- Define new processes and validate with impacted team members.
- If a new system is implemented, manage the vendor search process, secure internal approvals, and support implementation and team member training.
- Examples of in-scope processes include: Daily Fleet Processes, Hiring / Talent Management, Team Communications, Scheduling, Fleet Monitoring / Maintenance, Training / Learning & Development, and Regulatory.
- Gather key Fleet team member and customer insights and feedback for the Product team to influence the roadmap / prioritization of potential product changes.
- Aggregate Fleet-reported feedback (e.g., bottlenecks, confusing steps).
- Work with Product, Engineering, Culinary, Marketing, and Design to influence and shape the product strategy and roadmap, drive change for key issues, and prioritize product developments or changes based on Fleet feedback.
- Understand and communicate all upcoming product changes to the Fleet.
- Be an active member of the Operations leadership team.
- Represent Operations in cross-functional strategy and / or process discussions.
- Support support mid- and long-term planning.
- Analyze Operations and Fleet costs and utilization (labor and assets) and provide recommendations for improvement; support other ad hoc analysis as needed.
- You have 2+ years in tech, consulting, or an operational capacity and a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- You LOVE working on teams. You have experience leading and working on cross-functional teams, including evidence of:
- End-to-end process or project ownership
- Comfort with complexity and ambiguity
- Curiosity and open-mindedness
- Informal leadership / persuasion
- You possess clear written and verbal communication skills; strong team player
- You are an analytical and strategic thinker
- You have demonstrated a high level attention to detail and organization
Fully paid healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for you and any dependents / domestic partner / spouse.