Additional Locations: US-MA-Marlborough
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the role:
Boston Scientific is looking for an Information Technology Sr. Manager to put into practice and manage our Connectivity and Integrations technology, architecture, and processes that will provide our business units a competitive advantage as well as bring increased value and care to our customers and patients.
Your responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the overall Connectivity, Integration, and IoT landscape, design, implementation, and support for Boston Scientific
- Create and execute a strategy and technology roadmap to create a competitive advantage with technology and processes
- Lead a team of product managers, developers, and software engineers that design and develop secure connectivity and interfaces to internal applications, healthcare systems, mobile applications, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices
- Responsible for the development, delivery, and support for internal and external system integrations
- Represent Boston Scientific as a primary contact and leader with our customers and patients
- Selection and relationship management with Health System middleware providers for EMR/EHR/Health System and mobile application connectivity
- Collaborates with groups outside of direct responsibilities including other Engineering groups, Quality, Regulatory, Marketing, External Healthcare Customers, etc. for project planning, analysis of product requirements, and to outline proposed solutions
- Experience in Agile and Dev Ops methodology, including test driven development and paired programming
- Provide recommendations to Senior IT Leadership on current and future trends and technologies that Boston Scientific should evaluate and/or invest in
- Build and maintain a strong strategic partnership with strategic vendors
- Work collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently with stakeholders to ensure alignment and prioritization of goals and resources across multiple stakeholders, project priorities, and organizational initiatives
- Manage managers and experienced IS staff (hiring/recruiting, coaching for high performance, formal performance review process, etc.)
- Strong Financial Acumen – Ability to manage Cost Center financially and demonstrate financial leadership
What we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate degree in MIS, Business Administration, Computer Science or related
- Experience in leading Connectivity, Integration, and/or IoT teams for a large enterprise
- Experience in the healthcare providers industry
- Experience in Electronic Healthcare Record (EHR) Interface Engines in building interfaces using HL7, FHIR, CCD/CCDA, HISP/Direct , RESTAPI, Blue Button, etc.
- Experience in building Interfaces with leading EHRs such as EPIC, Cerner, Allscripts, eClinicalWorks, Practice Fusion, etc.
- Experience in defining HIPAA compliant Interfaces among EHRs, devices and Analytics datastores
- Experience with setting up teams, business processes and customer facing systems for Health System provider (EMR/EHR) implementations. Integrating with the sales, service and support teams to ensure smooth transitions pre and post integration.
- Deep understanding of Health System customer requirements related to security, service, connectivity, infrastructure, etc.
- Experience in capturing and managing patient generated data
- Understanding of Systems Development Lifecycle and integrations impact to Web Apps, ERPs such as SAP, SFDC, and Mobility Apps
- Experience in integrating internal and external system/data with mobile applications
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including oral, written, and listening skills with a track record of communicating complex concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff, including at senior executive levels
- Experience managing in a matrix environment and delivering projects and services via a combination of internal, contract, and outsourced capabilities
- Proven understanding of software development and operations methodologies, including agile
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to travel small % of time as needed
- MBA in MIS, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field
- Experience leading medium to large size teams / projects both onshore and offshore
- Experience managing large teams, including other managers, with multiple skill sets and geographic locations
- Experience on Integrations Strategy with knowledge of latest Integrations tools such as JSON, XML, and SOA based architecture. Rationalize Integrations and expertise on Integrations as a shared service. Ability to manage integrations with a solid return on investment attitude
- Experience modernizing moving legacy infrastructure to modern
- Experience with integration with Payer/Reimbursement systems
- Cloud-Native development experience a plus
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 373753