Project Description – jROS
Spectrum Power is a Siemens system which offers different solutions for:
- Monitoring and calculation of electric power networks (transport and distribution)
- Optimization from security and economical point of view
- Optimal network maintenance and avoidance of system overload
- Blackout prevention through intelligent simulation and monitoring software
- Control and data acquisition.
jROS is based on standard products like Oracle, JBoss Application Server and Enterprise Java Beans. It provides client access by a Java-application and may be integrated in the customer’s intranet. It is designed as a shared component of Spectrum Power. It may be used on a stand-alone base or coupled to other systems with defined
interfaces. It is platform independent and can be delivered on Windows, UNIX and LINUX platform. It may run on a single machine (e.g. a common Laptop) or may be distributed on several servers for high performance requirements.
What are my responsibilities?
- Extend jROS functionality and deliver high quality code
- Engage in customer support for the existing code (bug fixing, enhancements to improve the existing solution)
- Development/Implementation/Test for different customer solutions (project extensions)
- Part of a globally distributed team, ensures proper communication between teams
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Medium or higher experience in Java development (Java SE and EE)
- Basic experience with JBoss Application Server.
- Basic power engineering know-how (High, Medium and Low voltage)
- Understand the software development lifecycle
- Proactive person
- Willingness to learn
- Very good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to learn new products and technologies
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Proficiency in English
- German language is a plus
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is investing in you to ensure your satisfaction, motivation and performance.
- Attractive compensation package and work climate
- Meal tickets
- Yearly bonus system
- Private health and life insurance
- Private pension
- Flexible schedule and work from home policy
- Personal and professional development through training and certifications
- Relocation package
To apply directly on our career page, please use the following link: www.siemens.ro/cariere
Requisition ID: 279149
Organization: Corporate Technology
Career Level: Mid-level Professional
Full time only