Nasdaq is recognized around the globe as a diversified worldwide financial technology, trading and information services provider to the capital markets serving businesses and investors from over 50 offices in 26 countries across six continents – and in every capital market.
Located in modern offices overlooking the Sydney Harbour Bridge we look to recruit individuals with the passion to thrive in a highly dynamic and global environment. We offer a competitive salary, bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a top of the range health plan.
Our Global Technology SMARTS Surveillance technology powers surveillance and compliance for over 40 marketplaces, 11 regulators and 100 market participants across 65 markets globally. Scalable to millions of transactions and flexible to manage a number of unique data sources, SMARTS Surveillance holistically examines scenarios across multiple venues and asset classes.
As part of our growth we are currently seeking a strong QA Test Engineer to work within the Markets division of our business to expand our QA Testing team. This role will involve End-to-End Customer solutions based technical testing for implementations of our SMARTS Integrity Surveillance Product, and will comprise of mostly project based testing of new implementations, change requests, or maintenance to existing customer solutions.
You will be an analytical thinker with a structured approach, a team player and someone who has a goal for improving business best practices and a passion for problem solving
As a Nasdaq QA Test Engineer, you will love working in a highly dynamic environment, you are happy to role your sleeves up at a moment's notice, thrive in an environment where you are charting your own course and working on problems for which there is no clear solution.
To be considered for this role your skills will include but not be limited to:
- Excellent communication skills, with excellent ability to question vague requirements and be comfortable in presenting testing strategies in front of any audience
- 5+ years of experience with Linux-based applications and environments in a test and/or developer role
- Linux based scripting language, such as bash or Perl and be extremely proficient in data-mining using various Linux command line tools (awk, grep, sed, etc) to extract and manipulate data in text files.
- Highly desirable would be experience in the Financial sector, within the context of Trading Systems and/or Market data feeds (e.g. FIX) and/or trading related compliance and surveillance systems.
- Experience in developing test automation (in Python/Java/similar) would be a great plus and differentiator if you possess all of the above criteria
Note - you must have ability to demonstrate examples of your automation work as part of the interview process
Nasdaq offers you a workplace where you can truly make a difference. We provide excellent career opportunities where we identify, train and develop future leaders to ensure we have the capabilities to scale the business. If this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of please hit the apply button or email your resume directly to email@example.com
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, colour, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.