MedSurg and Neurotech
Research and Development
Percent Travel Required
Up to 10%
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Job Description / Information
- Responsible for the timely and quality deliveries of the tasks assigned to the team.
- Work as point of contact for all people related aspects with the stakeholders.
- Ensure continual improvement in customer satisfaction, delivering higher value services and productivity.
- Establish systems and continually improve them to manage the design, procurement and delivery value chain, where applicable.
- Review meetings with the team to monitor progress of projects and provide guidance, develop contingent plans, and arrange resources as needed.
- Align dedicated and shared resources cross-functionally to optimize to ensure achievement of business results, acquire and develop middle to junior level resources as needed, manage pipeline.
- Managing partnerships with vendors and other entities as needed.
- Manage knowledge at various spectrums appropriately to avoid losing it and help newcomers pick it up fast.
- Contribute to absorption of new technologies, processes and methods by making them part of own team's delivery plan.
- Communicating frequently across all project disciplines to ensure project team and senior management are aware of upcoming milestones and risks/issues.
- Develop Individual Development plans.
- Develop an environment to focus on customer needs, and an organization that has advanced understanding of external and internal customers to effectively improve design quality of products and services.
- Develop an open culture to instill confidence, diversity of perspectives and knowledge sharing.
- Compliance to Quality Management System and Design Controls.
- Manage appropriate budgets in accordance with business plans under the necessary guidance.
- Strong People Management skills with proven records of leading and creating engaged teams.
- Ability to influence, motivate and lead.
- Short or medium term vision, building team, inspire others, courage, organizing.
- Significant experience with Analog and digital circuit designing.
- Hands on experience in Embedded Systems/Products Development & Testing.
- Experience on development/testing of systems/products with RTOS/VxWorks, Linux.
- Embedded Software development in both C/C++ (minimum 5 years).
- Experience in communication protocols like UART, CAN and I2C.
- Experience on interfaces like Firewire (IEEE1394), Ethernet (10/100/1000), RS232/UART(up to 921K), Digital I/O, Analog I/O
- Hands on with lab equipment’s like DSO, Logic analyzer, Function generator, etc.
- Knowledge of project Management tools e.g. Microsoft Project, SharePoint, etc.
- Excellent understanding of various phases of New Product Development/Change Control
- Strong board level troubleshooting skills and understanding of hardware-software interaction
- Designing and understanding software architectures and application layers.
Good to have:
- US FDA quality regulations 21CFR part 820
- ISO 13485 standards
- Experience in working in a government-regulated industry
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Goal oriented, strong sense of responsibility, and ability to work with cross functional teams
- Requirement to work shifted hours when necessary to accommodate US time zone.
- If required candidate should open to travel.
- BE/B.Tech/ME/M. Tech in Computer Science/ Electronics/ Electrical Engineering
- Experience: 10-12 years in technical, and people management roles
- Minimum 2-3 years in similar role of people management