Business Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the Contracts and Human Resources Departments and provides assistance in the management of Finance, IT, Procurement, Material Management and Quality. The Business Manager will be responsible for the research and development of Requests for Equitable Adjustments (REAs) and will handle other contractual issues with the Contracting Officer. They will also provide immediate oversight of the Human Resources staff to ensure talent acquisition meets the needs of the program and all policies and procedures are followed.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Tracks all REAs from initial identification through to the Contracting Officers Final Decision.
2. Develop financial impacts of contractual deviations and develop REA letters with the appropriate contract document references.
3. Track outgoing personnel rotations and coordinate recruiting efforts to ensure staffing is maintained at 100% with minimal disruptions to operations.
4. Improve employee onboarding and off boarding to ensure smooth transitions for personnel.
5. Provide personnel status reports weekly.
6. Coordinate and develop the Award Fee Briefing with the Functional Departments.
7. Perform Lean Six Sigma Green and Black Belt projects monthly on problem areas identified by the Project Manager.
8. Fosters an open and trustworthy relationship with the customer to build an exceptional customer service rating.
9. Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
MATERIALS & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
2. Exceptional Skills with Microsoft Office
3. Maximo CMMS.
4. Company Vehicle
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/ PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
The Business Manager primarily works in an office but at times might work in a variety of commercial, industrial, and residential settings inspecting or reviewing work.
1. Bachelors Degree Required in Business, Engineering, Mathematics or Science field.
2. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
3. Green Belt Lean Six Sigma Certification required Black Belt Preferred.
4. Certified Project Management Professional preferred.
Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive experience in a leadership role supervising more than 100 personnel.
Demonstrated leadership experience in organizing and leading teams.
Military leadership experience strongly preferred.
5 years experience in Contract Management.
2-5 years experience in Business Development working to develop bid packages for the USG.
2-5 years Experience demonstrating resource management skills.