This Position is Offered in the Following Location
Chevy Chase, MD
Job Duties & Responsibilities
This career track is well suited for computer science, computer engineering, and information systems majors.
Are you graduating with a technical degree, but looking for a company that will help develop you into a business leader? If you answered yes, then our Emerging Leaders program may be a great place for you to launch your career.
As an Emerging Leader in the Information Technology track, you'll make real contributions to GEICO's bottom line while interacting with senior executives and associates at all levels. This highly selective program will teach you the ins and outs of our industry-leading company. We'll support your professional development while you gain hands-on technical and management experience.
During this three-year program, you'll learn our business by working on projects, attending business meetings, leading teams, and rotating through our Information Services, Systems Operations, and Internet Business departments. Projects you could work on include database upgrades and business analyses, development and design, new application rollouts, data migration, and project management. Technologies we currently use include Java, C++, VB.net, Oracle, UNIX, J2EE and SQL.
When you finish your program, you'll be ready for a future with enormous potential! Our goal is to place you in a position of significant responsibility within the technology-operations of our company.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, or related field
- Master's degree and MBA graduates are encouraged to apply
- 3.50 or better overall GPA in undergraduate studies required
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- High level of dependability
- Desire to one day become a manager
- Willingness to relocate
- Permanent U.S. work authorization
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays, and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Upload your resume, cover letter and college transcripts (official or unofficial, including transfer credits), preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.