Are you interested in working in a new analytical and strategic center of excellence for a trusted brand? Scholastic has big plans for its approaching centennial and its Data & Analytics practice is playing a pivotal role as a data driven engine for the incubation of high value strategic initiatives.
What’s the job?
Scholastic is hiring four strategy analysts/managers at a variety of levels. The ideal candidate has a solid business head, is numerically savvy and is passionate about getting things done. The candidate will develop domain expertise for one of our major businesses across all functions, from sales and marketing, to operations and technology. The role will have the variety of strategy consulting with the satisfaction of pushing your ideas through to implementation and performance review.
HOW YOU CAN FIT
What skills do we need?
• 3 to 10 years, depending on seniority, functional experience in a strategic role with broad business problem solving experience.
• Must have strong analytical capabilities and be experienced in at least one of these tools: Excel, SAS or R. We will test you.
• Exceptional at getting things done. You should shine at uncovering problems/opportunities, solving them and deploying your solution irrespective of the challenges thrown at you.
• The candidate must have the personality traits of a credible and relatable advisor. This role will require collaborative work with diverse internal customers and needs to maintain our group’s dedication to excellence.
• BA in business, engineering or other quantitative discipline from a top tier university. MBA a plus but not essential.
• Additional nice to haves: Experience in BI and data visualization tools such as Tableau, experience in data handling such as SQL or SAS EG, experience with web-analytics tools such as Omniture.
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 97 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.
What's in it for you?
This is a unique opportunity to own the process in a newly created, crucial role for our organization. There is no shortage of work, and we know you’ll love growing your career surrounded by some of the best and brightest in the industry.
Compensation is competitive and benefits are excellent.