Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
If you’re a high-caliber enterprise–focused UX professional who is ready for a real challenge to sink your teeth into, this could be the role for you! You’ll need the courage to fail fearlessly, be a tireless and diplomatic advocate for our users, and obsess over ways to create the game-changing software of the future. For this particular role, we are looking for the best and brightest, so competition for places is stiff. In return, we ask for a passion to teach, strategic design ability, and a determination to make the most out of every opportunity. It’s the ideal environment to challenge you to “think big”, giving you the support you need to drive your future career.
- Immerse yourself in a complex product domain. Deeply understand user needs and translate these into product designs
- Push the boundaries in interaction design, offering new ideas and solutions for products and patterns
- Consistently apply user research methods to validate design ideas and direction
- Create and define personas, scenarios, journey maps, task flows, wireframes, screen layouts, and interaction models, while rapidly evolving concepts into buildable designs
- Develop strong relationships with our product teams, our development teams and our customers
- Working from a deep understanding of user-centered design methodologies you will work directly with our agile development teams and Product Owners to ensure that your vision is implemented and its value is experienced by the user.
- Deliver UI recommendations in the form of documentation, wireframes, mockups, and/or a moderate level of prototyping.
- Design thoughtful user experiences and a great looking product based on real user needs, motivations, and pain-points
- Contribute positively to design discussions by creating sketches, providing constructive design commentary, and sharing evaluative critique
- Collaborate, test, refine and validate your designs with the team and the product’s end users
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Track current trends, patterns, and technologies, and share your passion for them with the CA design community
- 10+ years of experience into user experience design
- In-depth background in designing highly intuitive interfaces which implement a complex information model with multiple workflows
- A great portfolio highlighting a solid understanding of information architecture & interaction design
- Insatiable curiosity and an obsession with complex software design
- Proficiency in UX design wireframes/mockups and prototyping. Experience working with Adobe CS, Sketch, Axure (or similar prototyping tools).
- Passion about user experience and the ability to work effectively within an agile development process
- Deep, demonstrated experience detailed design specifications with an ability to contribute to design strategy, usability studies and front-end development / web UI framework discussions
- Fluency with visual and interaction design tools
- Deep, demonstrated experience in interaction design, user research, and usability testing with an ability to contribute to design strategy, visual design, and detailed design specifications
- Excellent communication skills, including experience speaking with a wide variety of technical and business audiences
- Ability to lead large-scale product design initiatives to successful completion
- BA/BS Degree or global equivalent in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design, or related HCI discipline is preferred.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.