Udacity's mission is to democratize education. We're an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for people to join our Engineering team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
We're looking for a FrontEnd Developer to join our Workspaces team. As an engineer focusing on our interactive student learning environments and IDE’s, you’ll be building systems that propel students of all levels forward in their learning efforts.
- You will own the front-end development of one or more of our products and collaborate with designers and other engineers to launch new products, iterate on existing features, and support integration into the entire Udacity student experience.
- You will help architect leading-edge models for the front-end of our interactive student-learning environments, including but not limited to: layout, security, sessions, scriptability, real-time collaboration, and other advanced features.
- We use what we teach (and we teach the latest tools and techniques). Some cool projects you might work on: (1) Build a “recording-studio” for playing back guided content inside the Workspace (2) Extend students’ code editor to provide highly-context sensitive help and (3) Extending the multi-user real-time Workspace collaboration functionality for things like study-groups
- Some challenges you’ll encounter might include: (1) Securely authenticating sessions across multiple domains/geo-regions, including dealing with cross origin security policies (2) Implementing proper state persistence across a shifting cloud infrastructure and (3) Safely synchronizing changes between multiple concurrent Workspace users
- If the above examples and challenges sound thrilling, let’s talk!
- 2+ years general programming experience + semantic HTML and CSS.
- Solid experience integrating front-end code with server-side technology and APIs.
- Knowledge of native DOM and Event APIs.
- Experience tuning/optimizing front-end performance
- Awareness of browser quirks and their remedies.
- Comfortable with command-line applications, source control, testing frameworks and other aspects of developing in large, distributed software teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.