Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers come join us!
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors designing and developing new products, enhancements and updates. and coordinating projects for systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Communicates project status and escalates issues to direct managers, program managers, and internal and external development partners.
- Manages relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
- Provides people-care management for assigned team members, including hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that proper knowledge and career development tools are in place to support ongoing team member and process development.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience required.
- May have advanced university degree.
- Typically 5 or more years of related work experience, including 0 -2 years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution.
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage human capital across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence skills.
- Advanced business acumen, technical knowledge, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Strong communication skills (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English and local language.
- Good understanding of the company's policies and processes.
As a project Manager you will use your knowledge and experience to help drive HPE Storage project priority .You’ll lead complex programs from initiation to delivery, and you’ll collaborate with the other engineering groups with Storage organization This is a fast-paced, start-up environment where the successful candidate will wear many hats, and where your work will have a real impact. You’ll be part of a bright engineering team that embraces open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and a shared focus on customer success
- Excellent people and project management track record. Seasoned professional with hands on managing performance of the world class engineering team
- In-depth understanding of all aspects of the software development processes and excellent cross-team collaboration skills. Agile development experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with implementation techniques to improve efficiency and ensure on-time project completion.
- Experience working with development teams to make sure they adhere to the product development lifecycle process. You’ll drive the development team in their delivery of milestones and checkpoints.
- Track record of collaborating across functions to improve software products.
- Strong background and proven track record in engineering project management of complex software products.
- Experience working in a complex software development environment.
- Domain experience in software virtualization, distributed systems software or storage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience managing multiple projects at the same time, recognizing and mitigating risks, and working proactively on contingency plans. Experience with Rally Project Management tools is a big plus!
- Highly entrepreneurial with a strong passion, urgency, energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win.
- Assiduous, out-of-the-box thinker who’s open-minded, creative, intelligent and confident.
- Extremely well organized, detail-oriented and possessing a high level of integrity.
- Ability to get things done; must be resourceful, proactive and aggressive.
- Direct and candid “say it the way it is” mode of operation;
- Team player who works well in collaborative situations and start-up environments.
Education: Bachelor's/Master degree in CS or CE/EE
- Minimum 12 years experience, with at least 3 years in an engineering project and people management role.
- Ability to understand working domain and product technically
- Ability to understand team’s challenges and ways to overcome them
- Ability to articulate project/product challenges and represent team/work on various forums
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to work across all functions of the company.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on: