Job Type :
Career Level :
IND - Maharashtra - Thane (West), Thane (West) Maharashtra IN
Job Description :
Purpose: The job holder is responsible for achieving sales growth, gaining market share and meeting targets in an assigned area (Diagnostic Instrument Sales).
- Increase sales volumes, achieve, and possibly overachieve the sales targets on his/her territory in respect of PKI strategy.
- Sell the company’s products or services directly to end-users.
- Develop new accounts and/or expands existing accounts within an established geographic territory, industry or product segment.
- Identifiy customer needs and trends and presents PerkinElmer products and support services to customers appropriately and effectively.
- Ensure the territory prospect pipeline is populated with a balance of short, mid and long term prospects sufficient for the continuous attainment of territory half year targets.
- Actively sells the increased value of PerkinElmer products and services and always negotiates the best price thus minimizing price erosion.
- Facilitate in solving customer problems by assuring cross functional coordination.
- Provide and maintain account mapping on all accounts and maintains accurate customer and prospect information.
- Listen to customer requirements and presents appropriately to make a sale
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails;
- Act as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets
- Represent the organization at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- Creates detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process that is largely dictated by the prospective customer
- Review his own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
- Gain a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements;
- Attend team meeting and share best practice with colleagues.
- Close sales opportunities and regularly updating Sales Force Dot Com
Job Requirements :
Exp: 4-8 yrs in Instrument sales.
- Customer oriented
- Willingness to travel
- Three to five years in a sales representative role; within industry preferred.
- One year of prior management experience or demonstrated willingness and ability to learn management basics.
- Strong intrapersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting.
- Hardworking, persistent, and dependable.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Deep market knowledge in specific areas
- Strong PKI product/application knowledge
- Help prepare competitive analysis & strategies
- Manages sales function/process
- Builds strong relationships with customers
- Understands most facets of a P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow statement
- Accurate forecasting capability
- Develops a strong, realistic sales pipeline
- Supports business development deals