Job Duties & Responsibilities
If you enjoy interacting with people, providing outstanding customer service and are looking for a rewarding career, GEICO may be the right place for you! Our Customer Service Representatives are licensed insurance professionals who delight customers every day by providing exceptional, personalized customer service.
Through our industry-leading, paid training program, you will learn all about insurance policies and regulations, and how to best assist our customers. As a Customer Service Representative, you will use your strong communication skills to answer calls and properly handle customer inquiries, explain insurance coverage and update policies.
At GEICO, the opportunity for advancement is outstanding! We invest in our associates through training and development to help them reach their career goals and personal aspirations. Our associates average two promotions within the first three years. At GEICO,
- We provide on-going training to help you learn your job
- We encourage professional development through GEICO University, our companywide training and development program
- We provide constant coaching and feedback to help you develop your skill
- We offer opportunities to advance your career and become a lead, coach, trainer, or supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good customer service skills or prior experience
- Demonstrated timely, consistent job attendance history
- Solid computer, grammar and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management and decision-making skills
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-volume call center
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding work environment, GEICO has the career path for you.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
Salary: $17.28/hr. - $18.28/hr. based on education level. Evening differential of 10% will also be paid for start times at 1pm or later.
Start date: 10/30/2017
Training Schedule: 8:15 am - 4:15 pm, Sundays and Thursdays off
After training: Start time between 10:30-4:45pm with split days off.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Please include all recent work history and any other work relevant to the position you are applying for