Opportunity in a global company for a Java Web Developer with expertise in design, development, maintenance, and support of client-facing web applications including architecture, frameworks, security, and management while staying on the leading edge of technology, having fun and making a difference.
This position will focus on adding new capabilities for end users and support staff, addressing production issues, and migrating/modernizing components of the existing web applications. If you enjoy tackling new challenges where obstacles fuel your fire to find answers, then this may be the place for you.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
2. 4+ years in professional Java application development role
3. Proficient in JEE Web Application development, Java frameworks (Spring, Struts, MVC), and Object Oriented Programming concepts, design patterns, and techniques.
5. Experience with related application development technologies, such as HTML, XML, XSLT, SQL, security frameworks, testing frameworks, open source web servers such as Tomcat, and relational databases.
6. Skilled with using & administrating tools such as Eclipse, source control (branching, merging, versioning), Jenkins, Maven, build automation
7. Experienced with modernizing applications though implementing the latest frameworks, platforms, and processes that would improve the efficiency of building & maintaining functionality.
8. Capable of integrations with other systems through consuming or offering Web Services or APIs.
1. Design and implement rich user experiences using the latest web technologies
2. Work closely with the product design and product management teams, to help define and design highly usable and responsive solutions to meet our customers' needs.
3. Ability to work in a cross-functional team
4. Ability to learn new and complicated technologies, techniques, tools, and business processes quickly
5. Ability to research, understand, and take ownership of existing application code
6. Experience handling demanding projects and juggling multiple priorities
7. Work with other front-end and back-end engineers to learn about all parts of the stack and features, conduct code-reviews, contribute to design and definition of current codebase, when needed, and constantly improve the innovative engineering culture and best development practices within the group.
8. Strong communication skills
9. Experience and/or familiarity with the Agile and/or Scrum methodologies preferred
10. Participates in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
11. Participates in application design meetings to understand user needs and determine technical requirements.
12. Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises applications as needed.
13. Participates working in continuous integration environment.
14. Exposure to iterative development cycles and collaboration
15. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Galway Ballybrit Business Park Unit 9 Ballybrit Business Park GALWAY
Oct 4, 2017, 9:42:59 AM