With around 30,000 people working in approximately 70 countries we are a truly global partner for better health. By always putting people first, we empower employees so everyone can develop to his or her full potential.
Takeda Turkey operates since 2009 in Turkey; we are providing better health to patients in different therapeutic areas which are Oncology, Hematology, Gastroenterology, Diabetes, Respiratory and Pain.
We are currently looking for a strong healthcare profiles with the right attitude to join our IT Team as "IT Manager".
· Manages the relationship between business leadership and IT in the Area.
· Leads productive and ongoing exchanges of information between the assigned Area (low complexity), IT service delivery and demand management.
· Implements the global IT strategy aligned with the Regional Business requirements, needed agility and in accordance to global IS/IT procedures & standards.
· Manages personnel and respective IT Area budget effectively and efficiently, ensuring operational continuity and IT objectives are met.
· Leads the alignment of the business analyses, solutions implementations and prioritizing within the area and as well within the IS/IT Business Partner community.
· Provides Area input to Regional IS/IT Strategy developments.
· Communicates to the Business the Global IS/IT Strategy for projects and operational plans that impact the Area.
· Manages and maintains the Area IT project portfolio (demand management) .
· Provides Area input to Regional IT budget and manages Area expenses.
· Provides analytical input to help define organizational structure within cost center and/or department.
· Develops, manages, and maintains organizational structure within the group.
· Manages and develops IT teams located in the Area by defining clear roles and responsibilities, but also following HR performance management methodology and conducts team evaluations.
· Establishes and maintains effective collaborative relationships with IT leaders across the Global IS/IT organization in order to represent the area and to align on solutions and changes.
· Communicates issues and successes up and down the group.General Qualifications:
· University Degree (Bachelor) or, as an equivalent, a High School degree with more than 5 years of relevant work experience.
· 5 years or more of relevant experience.
· Ability to write, speak and lead in the English language.
· Ability to speak regional languages.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen with problem solving and analytical skills.
· Have a good understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and experience with validated systems.
· Business relationship management skills; ability to connect and engage with local management and stakeholders on areas of expertise.
· Able to manage a small complex IT Area with one or more countries.
· Ability to understand and abstract IT and business objectives.
· Ability to read, analyze and draft financial materials (re plan, budget, ).
· Ability to, set priorities, align stakeholder expectations, develop and execute an associated action plan.
· Work with virtual teams located in different countries around the world, aligning and adapting different work, culture and communication styles.
· Project management experience.
· Financial Management for IT Services skills.
· MENTAL AGILITY: Finds solutions to tough problems
· RESULTS AGILITY: Delivers results even in complexity and ambiguity situations
· PEOPLE AGILITY: Can work easily with a diversity of people
· CHANGE AGILITY: Challenges the status-quo, develops new ideas to get better results, enjoys leading change efforts
· SELF-AWARENESS: Clearly understands personal strengths and weaknesses, actively seeks feedback, sensitive of impact on others. High level of “Learning Agility”
· A higher University Degree
· Experience with application management.
· Previous leadership experience.