ROCKETS OF AWESOME is reinventing the way parents shop for kids by leveraging technology, data, brand, personalization, and exceptional merchandise. We’re making shopping for kids apparel convenient and fun. This is the future of vertical commerce.
We are a New York City based, venture-backed startup with extensive executive expertise. Our founders and senior management team have been founders, CEOs, COOs and VPs at companies ranging from Birchbox and Gilt to Gap and Kate Spade.
We are building a creative and strategic team to develop a scalable e-commerce system that powers a business with massive market opportunity. We cultivate a culture of learning and continuous improvement, investing in automated testing, learning from real-world problems, and immediately adapting.
We value fun, simplicity, and teamwork.
About the Position:
We are looking for a strong Senior Product Manager who loves building and optimizing digital products for consumer-facing businesses. At the forefront of our product organization, you will work closely with engineering, data science, design, marketing, and customer experience to optimize, innovate, and build a product that makes the strategic deployment of data science and technology look like magic. This role reports directly to the COO.
What We’re Looking For:
- Communicative. This role stands in between several functions on the team, so constant, clear and documented communication is essential. You should be able to deeply empathize with our customer, as well as with other functions — especially engineering, data science, and design — while articulating the drivers behind product requirements and constraints.
- A Strong Product Leader. Able to quickly empathize with different types of users and internal stakeholders, and articulate the trade-off in product decisions, including short- and long-term consequences. You’re not afraid to take the bull by the horns and drive results.
- A Data-Driven Decision Maker. You love to dive into the data! You’re obsessed with KPIs and measuring results, and you get excited about identifying optimizations and analyzing test result data in detail. You also have enough experience and good instincts to make decisions when limited data is available. You are a great listener who can glean meaningful insights from qualitative user feedback.
- A Company Builder. The product will evolve, the team structure might change, the market will continue to grow. We need someone who’s committed to building a great company starting with owning great product management.
- Technically Proficient. You may not be an engineer by training but you can understand the basic capabilities and constraints of the stack. You are an experienced PM, you have shipped web products before and understand what it takes to do so.
- Ready for a Big Role at a Startup. You have the skills to operate at the level of a senior leader combined with the humility and hustle required to accomplish a lot with a lean team at a growing company. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves.
- Product Management, Strategy & Execution
- Drive product definition forward establishing the development priorities.
- Frame and recommend decisions in terms of prioritization and sequencing, based on feasibility/complexity information from all relevant parties.
- Manage the push and pull of scoping, bridging long term strategic goals, market insights, user feedback and metrics on one side; and team vision, team feedback, technical and legal feasibility on the other.
- Continuously propose new A/B tests to improve conversion and engagement
- Project Management
- Own documentation for product planning, progress, and specification
- Establish milestones and manage product backlog, design, development and quality assurance activities for a cross-functional team
- Be accountable for delivery of product by this team
- Research & Performance
- Advocate for decision making based on research and data
- Own, define, and track product KPIs
- Lead customer feedback and translate the qualitative feedback into product insights
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- 4+ years in product roles with demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience in e-commerce, personalization, recommendations, or data science preferred
- Proven experience working cross-functionally, with demonstrated leadership skills
- Passion for and fluency with technology, from a love of front-end UI/UX design to a working understanding of back-end architecture and data models
- Cross-functional communication skills — you’re comfortable working with engineers, executives, designers, marketers, and customer experience reps
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to be flexible, and to quickly adapt to new information
- Experience working for a venture-backed startup or in e-commerce industry preferred