FactSet is a financial data and software company headquartered in Norwalk, CT with offices in 35 locations worldwide. As a global provider of financial information and analytics, FactSet helps the world’s best investment professionals outperform. More than 87,500 users stay ahead of global market trends, access extensive company and industry intelligence, and monitor performance with FactSet’s desktop analytics, mobile applications, and comprehensive data feeds. As of February 2017, annual subscription value reached $1.19 billion and headcount passed 8,500.
FactSet was ranked #89 on FORTUNE’s “100 Best Places to Work” list in 2016 and has consistently been recognized as a great workplace by leading publications.
The entity identifier is an internally generated symbol that represents a public or private company.
FactSet clients can use the entity identifier to retrieve various information about the company such as Fundamental data, the traded and non-traded securities issued by the company, as well as the hierarchical company structure (parent company, ultimate parent, subsidiaries). Using an entity centric data model, FactSet’s Data Management Solutions products provide access to FactSet’s complete security and entity level symbology, comprehensive entity reference data, and all of the necessary relationships and connections to create a foundation that tightly correlates disparate sources of information to a master entity identifier. All feeds are global in scope and include data for active and terminated entities and securities.
The Content Analyst position is well-suited for someone with effective communication skills, is technically inclined, has great problem solving skills, is pro-active, can work independently, and enjoys improving the status quo.
The Content Analyst is primarily responsible for ensuring the completeness, quality, and timeliness of Entity (Company) level identifiers stored in the Security Master database. In order to accomplish this, the Analyst is expected to develop a thorough understanding of the storage mechanisms and relational nature of entity data content and its relationship to security level data and collaborate with engineering and other teams to facilitate integration of this content in back-end databases as well as across client-facing platforms.
• Monitoring intra-day back-end database update processes
• Supporting publication of entity content to internal and external stakeholders
• Ensuring accuracy and completeness of current entity mappings to securities as well as mappings back in time.
• Collaborating with engineering to develop new update processes as wells as create and refine QA reports
• Authoring documentation for QA reports in order to transfer tasks to offshore Operations teams
• Supporting offshore operations team in relation to data clean-up projects
• Serving as point person for all internal and client inquiries related to entity identifiers.
• University degree
• 2-3 years professional experience in a relevant role
• Strong analytical, problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently
• Attention to detail
• Interest in learning new technologies
• Strong Interpersonal Skills
• Experience working with financial content and SQL preferred
• Quick learner; ability to apply skills and past experiences in new situations
• Sr. Content Analyst à Associate Content Specialist à Content Specialist à Content Specialist II
To find out more about opportunities at FactSet, visit us at www.factset.com/careers, www.facebook.com/factset, or www.twitter.com/factset.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FactSet Research Systems Inc. is an E-Verify participant and EOE/M/F/D/V Employer which strongly supports diversity in the workforce.