Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Reports to: AEK General Maintenance Supervisor
Performance Location: The individual filling this position will be supporting PAE on a contract for the US Department of State and working at the US Embassy and/or its outlying sites in Kabul, Afghanistan. Periodic travel with extended overnight stays may be required while working on projects and other locations in Afghanistan. Percentage of travel will vary significantly but on average is expected to be less than 10% of the total time.
Working Environment: The candidate will work on construction and maintenance sites including exposure to the dangers inherent with traveling to and working on such sites
Work Schedule: This position works ten hours/day six days a week minimum, is on-call 24/7 and must be willing to quickly respond to all critical customer service issues as required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly provides general and specialized maintains and repairs of all commercial and residential kitchen equipment and appliances including refrigerators, freezers, stoves, ovens, dishwashers, clothes washers and dryers, small appliances, etc.
- Leads a staff of 1 to 3 third country and /or local national technicians.
- Directs and coordinates activities to meet goals in terms of performance, objectives/standards, service delivery, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Oversees activities directly related to providing required services and ensures compliance with safety and environmental requirements.
- Coordinates specialized tasks with the AEK Operations Manager for support from other AEK team members.
- Inspects work performed by tradesmen to ensure it meets specifications, codes and established industry standards.
- Insures work is in accordance with company work policies and procedures.
- Reviews work orders and work order reports to ensure work is completed on-time, and inspects equipment to ensure it is being maintained correctly.
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of the facilities and equipment to determine the type of work required to meet contract requirements.
- Conduct inventory of current stock and order materials to ensure supplies and equipment are available in adequate amounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Experience and Qualification Levels:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years hands on experience in maintenance and repair of commercial, residential and small appliances.
- Strong general trades background as required to directly perform general maintenance “handyman” services related to servicing appliances.
- Prior experience managing a small multinational staff to meet operational readiness and contractual requirements is preferred.
- Ability to collect, analyze and summarize data and prepare daily reports and work orders. Ability to deal with people with varied ethnic and geographic backgrounds.
- Must have good organizational and communication skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
- Previous overseas experience in austere environmental conditions is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management.
- Completion of a nationally recognized trade school or apprenticeship program in electrical and/or HVAC/refrigeration is required.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing English.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills sufficient to effectively communicate with management and the local workforce.
Licenses and Certifications:
- A valid and current State issued license as an electrician or HVAC technician is required. Relevant experience will be considered.
- US Citizenship is required for this position.
- Must have a USG issued secret clearance.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster