General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a mid-level Cost Accounting Manager Engineer supporting Manufacturing Engineering Department, in our Adelanto CA facility.
Under general supervision with limited review, this position is responsible for determining and developing effective approaches for resolving a wide range of difficult engineering problems. Assignments are normally outlined in terms of overall objectives and anticipated results. Work is reviewed at milestones or at completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Documents findings, communicates results to engineering staff and makes technical presentations as required. May coordinate segments of a specific project and may have frequent inter- organization and customer contact on difficult technical issues. Provides direction to design or technical staff and may provide direction to less experienced professional staff.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports operation of engineering systems by evaluating and interpreting needs and problems and develops effective approaches to resolving those issues.
- Troubleshoots, analyzes, and repairs systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles.
- Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
- Directs the activities of designers, technicians and may direct the activities of less experienced professional staff.
- May represent the organization in providing solutions to technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Basic understanding of engineering change processes, from requests through implementation.
- Basic understanding of drawings and engineering/manufacturing bill of materials.
- Basic understanding of Lean/Six Sigma Manufacturing methodologies for waste reduction and their application in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing plant layout, production flow and work cells.
- Basic understanding of time study’s and time standards calculation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Basic Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP desirable).
- Basic CAD design experience (floor layout and small tooling preferred).
- Materials management (warehousing, transportation, logistics) experience desirable.
- Working with cross functional teams through problem solving and project execution.
- Assembly methods and processes (aerospace and composites a plus).
- Basic understanding of project management and knowledge of Project Management Body of Knowledge a plus.
- Experience with Earned Value