Technical Support Specialist Manager
The Manager in the Global Technical Support organization will have overall accountability for remote service delivery of a global region and support the regional field delivery teams to meet or exceed customer expectations. The position will be located in Hyderabad, India. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in an agile customer facing service delivery environment and have strong leadership and people development skills. The Manager will mentor, lead, coach and direct the work of the TSS staff and align with other GTS organizations to deliver globally consistent processes and services.
The GTS centers are a 7x24 high volume support center environment. The TSS staff provides the incident management along with technical/functional knowledge necessary to resolve customer’s (both internal and external) problems. The TSS will work directly with the customer, on-site Customer Engineers and the Teradata Global Support Center Engineers to understand the problem, capture appropriate failure information and search knowledge for complex known solutions using available systems, tools, and resources to resolve the customer’s problems. The TSS will perform troubleshooting activities, escalate problems to the appropriate party(s), and assist in communicating the solution to the customer. The TSS must develop and maintain a working knowledge of current hardware, software, firmware, processes, and tools. The TSS will be required to have both strong technical and interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· A BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent or Technical/Associates degree with Database Administration and Linux experience is preferred.
· Teradata Experience is necessary.
· Experience managing people and teams
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong English skills are important, but any knowledge of German, French or Spanish would be a bonus (not required).
· It would also be good if the candidate had worked with European Customers or Operations in the past.
· Experience in shaping organization strategies and performance metrics
· Demonstrate capability to define, shape, lead and grow talent to meet organizational and business goals
· Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic support environment to meet aggressive business objectives
· Proactive, great attention to detail, results-oriented problem solver, and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
· Ability to succeed in a matrixed organization that relies on building support in other groups
· Strong desire to be a team player
· Strong desire to report status transparently
· Strong leadership with ability to motivate team members
Education / Experience
· Bachelor’s Science Degree or equivalent experience.
· 10+ years of related experience with Teradata
· Previous management experience
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Manages all resources needed to staff and maintain service delivery:
· ensure team is collaborating with other analysts and Solution Engineers, as appropriate, developing the Problem Isolation and Solution Creation plans to uncover the root cause and the fix for the customer problem
· own the problem resolution processes including: identifying and project managing third party suppliers, providing control and follow-up for the resolution activities, and, as appropriate
· assess the risks, business impact (including financial) and technical resource impact of the service delivery
· engage with the Customer or Customer Account Team as needed to address operational issues
· evaluate performance and provide feedback to TSS
· GTS Liaison for Teradata Application support.
· GTS Primary Contact for local language support for International West Region
Contribute as a team member:
· participate in team meetings and activities
· participate in objective setting, performance management, reward and recognition programs
· participate in special projects to continuously improve processes, tools, systems and organization
· Aware of Corporate Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action programs and guidelines and is responsible for providing equal opportunity to all associates in all phases of the business
Reports status at regular operational meetings on progress of business, as well as support activities with other centers
· participate in planning and implementing personal and career development activities
· actively develop job related skills
· Sponsor the development of GTS Subject Matter Experts (SME)
· The GTS center in a fast-paced, demanding customer technical support center environment that requires timely solutions to complex technical problems, often of a critical nature to the customer.
· New technology developments and expanded support services require continual skill expansion and enhancement, often in an on-the-job environment.
· The work environment may require rotation in work hours, pager rotation, and or extended hours, as needed, to accommodate the business and customer needs.
· This position will also be supporting International customers and the ability to speak other languages in addition to English is a plus
· This position reports to the India GTS Manager
Asia Pacific/Japan-IN-Andhra Pradesh-Hyderabad
Eng Global Support Team