Position Title: Senior Legal Counsel for DCG (TW)
Functional Area: Legal
Facility: Corporate Office
Relocation Provided: No
Education Required: Juris Doctor
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
Travel Percent: 15
Lenovo is a US$46 billion personal technology company with more than 58,000 employees in more than 60 countries and serving customers in more than 160 countries. A global Fortune 250 company, we have headquarters in Beijing, China and Morrisville, North Carolina, U.S. In addition, the Data Center Group has major research centers in Taipei, Beijing, Shanghai, and Shenzhen as well as US and Europe. Further, there is manufacturing around the world from Greensboro, North Carolina and Monterrey, Mexico to China and Brazil.
Based in Asia, the DCG Asia Business Unit Attorney will report to the DCG Lead Managing Legal Director. This role is a critical part of the overall legal support to the Data Center Group business in Asia and will not only provide strategic and tactical legal advice, but also coordinate legal support provided by the Company’s global and Geo based lawyers as well as services from outside counsel on behalf of DCG.
• Provide legal support to Asia-based DCG business teams and liaise with other Lenovo legal counsel to improve existing processes and to promote best practices in legal support;
• Maintains full alignment with the DCG business team’s goals and strategy; supports DCG Asia team in realizing its goals while also constructively challenging the business when needed in order to protect the Company’s interests.
• Provides analysis and counsel on legal and commercial issues to include: product development and new products compliance , quality, mergers & acquisitions, regulatory and compliance issues, non-disclosure agreements, master sales and services agreements, procurement agreements and license and royalty agreements.
• Supports critical contract negotiations with suppliers, vendors and customers.
• Assists with the development and recommendation of company policy and position on legal issues.
• Plays a leading role in ensuring that the Asia DCG team conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Serves as lawyer/legal advisor point of contact for on all major business transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
• Understands and keeps abreast of the market and regulatory changes, and their risk impact on the DCG Business
• Interacts regularly with internal clients to assist in managing legal and regulatory risk and protecting Lenovo’s reputation and interests.
• Supports the selection, retention, management and evaluation of outside counsel.
• Coordinates legal support provided by the Company’s global and Geo based lawyers as well as services from outside counsel on behalf of DCG.
Success in this Asia-based role will be measured by the ability to deliver first class legal advice relating to DCG matters in a collaborative, professional and timely manner. The successful candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
• Qualified lawyer with at least 7 years PQE
• Excellent written and spoken Mandarin and English
• Experience in drafting and negotiating outsourcing and long term service arrangements and technology contracts.
• Understanding of public procurement best practice
• Understanding of the specific procurement needs of the IT industry and ability to adopt pragmatic commercial solutions to issues.
• Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions
• Experience in product compliance and regulatory matters
• High quality education and training
• Excellent written & spoken communication skills, superior negotiation skills
• Ability to effectively work with internal clients/external customers
• IT industry and international experience is preferred
• Confident, dynamic and proactive disposition.