Product Engineers are expected to manage multiple customer issues concurrently. Must understand multiple HDL and verification methodologies with emphasis placed on the verification process. They need to be able to clearly articulate how Cadence product offerings fit into various verification methodologies. Product Engineers works with R&D engineers to resolve customer issues and they proactively manage customer accounts to success. Products Engineers are also expected to play a leading role in account management and delivering the solutions to customer’s problems by bringing their technical understanding of the customer needs and issues.
· Strong Verilog, c/c++, object oriented programming skills
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Strong interest and understanding of design and verification methodologies
· Ability to multiplex many issues, champion & set priorities in the best interest of the customer
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· UNIX shell scripting
· Working knowledge of Specman e, System Verilog, Vera, System C, VHDL
· Knowledge of protocols such as Display Port, AMBA, PCI-E, USB, Ethernet, 10 Gig, etc.
· Understanding of verification methodologies eRM, OVM, UVM, VMM
· Previous experience in direct customer support
· Prior experience in functional verification