Goals & Objectives
- To create and oversee everything for the market
- Help manage the overall P&L responsibility for the market
- Build and grow the WeWork brand through events, public relations efforts, brand awareness, and local specialized support
- Be the voice of your local markets internally and partner with key functions such as real estate, finance, IT, digital, HR, development, sales marketing, and communications to grow the WeWork community
- Lead the Community Management teams in your markets to achieve the following:
- Create a collaborative community environment amongst our members through events and personal introductions
- Ensure that buildings are fully operational and processes are running smoothly
- Manage sales process and churn
- Team development and growth
- Manage all KPIs for the market
- Core alignment with the company mission and values
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set the tone for the team, demand performance, and drive results while also growing the next generation of leaders in the market and in the Responsible for all hiring and firing in the market.
- Be the local market presence to support Real Estate Team in selection of future market sights
- Assist in programming the physical space with the DoD Team
- Help manage the P&L - member growth, occupancy, revenue & margins - managing budgets & pro forma
- Be ultimately responsible for health of community and experience of buildings
- Be ultimately responsible for performance of local community team and for local organizational health
- Build a strong local brand through executing marketing campaigns (events, ad buys ), in partnership with the Brand & Marketing team
- Navigate local regulatory status and work with legal on government relations
- Coordinate with communications Be the local spokesperson for press
- Build and manage high level relationships and partnerships within the market
- Partner with HQ to manage vendor relationships
- Mentor multiple teams in several locations to reach Community goals and execute on all objectives
- Act as liaison between your city teams and the Regional GM
- Maintain WeWork brand standards in your market
Experience & Requirements
- BA / BS or equivalent in Business, Marketing, Hospitality or other related degree
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 10+ years experience in hospitality, marketing, retail, startups, consulting or related experience with strong operational focus
- Entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- P&L experience required
- Managed organizations of 30+ people
- Experience managing sales and building high visibility brands a plus
- Experience in real estate, facilities management or retail a plus
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
- Thrive in a fast paced environment while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication, organization and project management skills
- Assertive and have a strong drive to develop those around you, being an inspirational leader
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Strong operations background
- Proven experience with Business scaling a plus
- Experience in planning strategic growth
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking
- You thrive in a fast-paced
- You have the flexibility to think outside the
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may
- There is no room for “I” at Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.