Requisition Number17-0079Post Date9/6/2017TitleContractorCitySanta ClaraStateCADescriptionRenesas Electronics America is seeking a seasoned and experienced Software/Firmware Engineer to join
our software development team in our Synergy IoT Platform Business Division. The ideal candidates will
be involved with the design and development of firmware including RTOS/Kernel enhancements for 32 bit MCUs.
• Assist in architecting solutions for complex firmware functionality
• Develop and assist in development of RTOS/Kernel enhancements, BSP, device drivers and test programs
• Prepare and document SRD, SDD, and test plans for the development
• Participate and represent team in discussions with marketing and hardware teams
• Lead and manage the firmware development team
• Lead design, development, and debugging of firmware for 32-bit MCUs
• Mentor and guide firmware development team
• Enhance and support software engineering and development processes
• Develop firmware/software architecture for 32-bit MCU platform
• Develop solutions based on firmware platform; demonstrations, example programs, reference designs, etc.
• Develop SDKs for internal, external and customer developers
• Propose and review architecture and design decisions and guidelines Requirements• BSCS, BSCE, or BSEE; MSCS, MSCE, or MSEE preferred
• 8+ years of experience with at least 5 years in the embedded area
• At least 3 years experience of working on ARM architecture
• Expert level C and ARM assembly programming skills
• Expert level RTOS Kernel and BSP development skills for embedded MCUs and MPUs
• Excellent reading skills for complete understanding of technical documents such as ARM Architecture Specifications, TRMs etc.
• Excellent understanding of “Programming Model” of complex hardware
• Demonstrated capacity for capturing/documenting product requirements and creating design specification
• Hands-on system bring-up, testing, and debugging skills
• Equally comfortable with precision and ambiguity
• Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Can-do attitude with unwavering sense of urgency
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.