Retail Underwriting Manager
American Advisors Group (AAG) is the nation’s leader in reverse mortgage lending, licensed to operate in 49 states. The company, founded in 2004 by CEO Reza Jahangir, is headquartered in Orange, CA. We are dedicated to helping American seniors leverage their home equity as an asset to help fund retirement. AAG has a 96% customer satisfaction rating and is a member of the National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association (NRMLA).
We are looking for an ambitious and driven individual to grow with us. We operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team "comes to win"-- our work atmosphere is high- entrepreneurial. AAG’s success stems from our unique core values that are inherent in every employee:
- Caring for our customers and treating them with the dignity and respect in which they deserve.
- Driven to provide superior customer service.
- Ethical in how we conduct our work, every day.
AAG rewards hard work, strives to promote from within, supports career development and fosters a fun and friendly work environment. If this sounds like a company you are interested in joining, please review the job description below.
The Retail Underwriting Manager is responsible for the assignment and prioritization of daily production as well as managing capacity through staffing and overtime. Ensures quality underwriting through audits, metrics, checklists, and findings. This individual will also need to be able to spot trending issues within this or any of the other production teams and make recommendations on how to mitigate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides overall direction to ensure effective pipeline management that will produce quality loan decisions and enhance the customer experience.
- Oversee training and development for underwriting team.
- Manages expectations of corporate and other internal groups through effective communication and relationship building.
- Understands key business processes; the ability to document process maps and initiate change management to support best practices.
- Continually monitor the Review Checklists to ensure all loans are being reviewed based on the most current guidelines and processes.
- Oversee staffing to assure sufficient capacity, continuity, innovation, and effectiveness in support of the major operational functions.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance evaluation, promotions, salary recommendations, and terminations.
- Ensure policy, procedural, guidance changes, etc. are all communicated effectively and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for managing updates and communication to staff.
- Review and assess any exception requests to UW guidelines and provide a recommendation to Sr. VP Operations.
- Review and respond to all post-closing issues and investor suspense's.
- Review and respond to all deficiency letters, audit letters, re-purchase letters, etc.
- Assist in any projects for program releases & complete all needed research.
- Communicate possible credit risk issues and appropriate guideline violations to Sr. VP Operations.