the worldwide market leader with software for packaging buyers, designers and
manufacturers and hardware products for the packaging, label, sign
and display industries.
Headquarters in Ghent - Belgium, Esko employs around 1,500 people worldwide.
Its global sales and support organization covers Europe, the Americas,
Asia/Pacific and Japan.
You will sell Esko hardware and software application & solutions to Customers, resellers and new companies in order to become their preferred supplier, by creating value. You will be focusing on customers based in Germany.
Main responsibilities and key activities:
- Sales prospecting for new businesses, consisting of direct accounts, resellers and the customers of our resellers.
- Managing existing accounts across packaging, corrugated, display and signage market segments.
- Sell full Esko portfolio, with focus towards value selling to the customers with focused approach in software, CAM and Flexo CTP.
- Provide effective solutions for our customers; detect and amplify create add-on sales opportunities in cooperation with the application sales manager.
- Establish good business contacts - Generate competitive proposals - Pursue strategies for targeted projects - Meeting & exceeding sales targets.
- Keep abreast of developments & business opportunities in the markets and be focused on the follow-up of these opportunities by applying appropriate sales, negotiation & closing techniques.
- Implement the go-to-market strategy for new products and new markets.
- Provide market intelligence and feedback on competitors' pricing & position in the respective segments to enable appropriate marketing plans to be developed for driving growth.
- Disciplined in using SalesForce and the various CRM & IT application tools available in our organization to enable you to better manage your sales process and share information.
- Observing the market and representing Esko in the Graphic arts community.
- At least 5 years hands-on sales experience in a high-tech B2B environment/ in digital printing/ packaging or commercial solutions/ IT. You have practical experience with direct and indirect sales channels.
- A degree in Printing Technology, Graphic Arts, Engineering, IT or related fields.
- An understanding of Flexo and Lithographic packaging printing is essential
- Knowledge about the packaging industry and its actors is considered as a plus.
- Broad understanding of Software and IT applications.
- Knowledge about finance fundamentals.
- Flexible attitude to working and you are willingness to travel more than 50%.
- Commercially astute with the ability to apply pragmatic commercial approaches in sales negotiations and closings (you are comfortable with selling the 'intangibles' like workflow solutions, software, services)
- Strong selling and negotiation skills – closing skills
- You are successful in both up-selling to existing customers and developing new customers
- Willing to succeed
- Proficiency in German. Any other language is a plus.
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills
- Willing to continuously learn and improve
- Excellent communication skills
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed
to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life
worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and
attractive industries, including health care, environment and industrial. With
more than 20 operating companies, Danaher’s globally diverse team of over 62,000
associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher
Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B
in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has
outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can
duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple
industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need
talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape
strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and
shareholders. Come join our winning team!