Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr. Technical Program Manager
San Mateo, CA
The Sr. Technical Program Manager is expected to partner with the Global Developer Technology Group to lead, manage, and drive forward software and business projects including:
- Supporting the planning and delivery of software spanning multiple development teams in multiple global locations.
- Owning program schedules, task assignments, and managing overall schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and actively managing dependencies and executive reporting.
- Collaborating with staff and management of multiple worldwide business units, and outside 3rd parties (including subject matter experts, design teams, and technology teams) to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, and tasks.
- Providing project support including the definition of project business cases, ensuring plans, documentation, and reporting are complete and up to date
- Establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance within the Global Developer Technology Group.
- Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively.
- Must be results driven.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Program/Project Manager (or 3 years with a Master’s degree)
- 3+ years’ experience in Agile development methodologies and principles strongly desired. SAFe experience or certification helpful.
- Requires solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and release processes.
- Requires proficiency with Project Management and communication tools, such as Confluence, Google Suite, SharePoint, etc.
- Must be comfortable authoring many types of documents, including scope, requirements, agendas, action plans, and project plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions.
- Must excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management across Western and Japanese cultures. Japanese language skills helpful.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.