The Job Details are as follows:
This internship is a 6-month internship program designed to allow students to work directly within the Systematic Strategies team on specific projects related to data analysis, research and creation of actual investment strategies. This is an excellent opportunity to apply academic skills in research to real world experience in quantitative investing.
We are looking for students to intern with us during Spring 2018 -- must have ability to work full-time during the spring semester. Optionality to extend internship or be considered for a full-time positions upon completion of internship program. Internship opportunities in our Chicago or London offices.
- Work directly with senior quantitative researchers and portfolio managers
- Work on cutting edge research and data projects
- Get insights into actual trading strategies
- Work on deliverable projects
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRMENTS
- In the process of completing (or recently completed) their PhD degree in a quantitative research field like Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics
- Outstanding track record of academic achievement, and a strong interest in financial markets
- Comfortable working with complex and large datasets
- Solid experience in programming (ideally in Python, C++)
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to identify and implement appropriate solutions
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly; solid analytical, writing, verbal, technical skills
- Result driven attitude and desire to work collaboratively within a team
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong organizational skills