The Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer (Electrical) works closely with electrical, optical, systems, and mechanical engineering teams to design quality, high-volume consumer products. We are looking for candidates who are creative, energetic team players who excel in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
In this position, you would be expected to perform as an individual contributor on a multi-disciplinary New Product Introduction team through development, design, manufacturing, and production release. Candidates must be highly innovative and enjoy working in a dynamic and creative environment.
The position is located in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico to support the manufacturing facility and will report to the NPI team located Plantation, Florida, USA. Candidate must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Design, develop and refine volume manufacturing processes and qualification plan
- Identify best in class equipment and specifying same
- Develop equipment acceptance tests and collaborate with vendors to modify equipment as needed
- Drive production ramp readiness with mechanical, electrical, optics, systems, and operation engineering teams
- Lead cross-functional teams for root cause activity/problem solving for opto-mechanical components/devices
- 10+ years of industry experience in consumer electronics, compact imaging systems or optical systems is preferred
- Experience with Cadence or other schematics/layout tool and FMEA
- Experience with SMT and PCB for process, design, and failure analysis
- Detailed knowledge of factory test methods for mass production
- Experience working in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience with the production ramp of a high volume product in factories
- Ability to travel to other locations and vendors for up to 25% is required
- Must be confident in a highly dynamic and creative environment
- Versed in 6 sigma concepts such as DMAIC, Cp/Cpk, MSA, and PT
- Skill in data analysis and process qualification
- Proficient in English and Spanish
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.