Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Product & User Experience Design
• Part of global, collaborative team that drives Mastercard's new product development for prepaid solutions.
• Key aspects of the role include developing new value proposition solution and user experience design for multiple mobile and web based product solutions across a variety of verticals, including Millennials, Underserved Consumers, Micro businesses.
• Provide consultative concept development and user experience leadership acting as the Prepaid value proposition and UX subject matter expert for market deployments.
• Present product solution and user experience designs to both internal and external partners globally.
• Lead the value proposition solution and user experience design development for all new products.
• Identify addressable unmet needs for target segments and drive development of design personas, value proposition, end to end journey mapping and user experience design for multiple platforms and devices leveraging consumer centric tools.
• Oversee processes to ensure UX experiences are fully aligned to best practices.
• Collaborate with product development team members and markets on go-to-market deployments, understanding consumer and competitive trends and identifying potential differentiators.
• Work with external partners to incorporate feedback into concept and experience and support market deployments.
• Provide leadership to agency resources and partners to drive concept design and experience development and changes; oversee budget allocation.
• Lead team through development and execution of quantitative and qualitative testing with support from Consumer Insights and MA Digital Payments & Labs
• Provide consultation and leading co-creation sessions with customers and external partners in support of market pilots and deployments.
All About You
• Extensive experience in concept/value proposition development, user experience design working in a corporate or start-up environment.
• Experience distilling business/consumer requirements/needs impacting concept development and UX to business and technical partners and representing the voice of the consumer throughout the product development process.
• Highly analytical thinker with experience in both quantitative and qualitative and UX testing methods.
• Proficiency in Sketch, Invision and Proto.io and in Agile development desirable.
• Strong understanding of consumer trends; international markets knowledge/experience a plus.
• Effective communicator, who has the ability to communicate complex ideas and solutions to both business and technical audiences at all levels of organization and with external partners/clients.
• Strong influencing skills.
• Inspirational leader, someone who stretches thinking and has a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Comfortable in a global role; participating in regular meetings that span across time zones and take place outside of traditional business hours.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Travel 20%; ability to travel internationally.
Equal Opportunity Employer