Stion Corporation is searching for a Research and Development Scientist/Engineer for its facilities in San Jose, CA. The R&D Scientist/Engineer will be responsible for developing and bringing the next generation of PV devices to manufacturability.
- The R&D team is charged with developing the methods and materials to manufacture the Stion tandem PV device.
- As a team member you will be responsible for developing the process to manufacture tandem devices on readily available tools using proprietary methods and combinations of materials.
- The outcome will be new processes to bring the tandem technology to market at a profitable level of throughput, scrap and quality.
- The new methods require excellent documentation of procedures and training of existing production staff on the new equipment and processes.
- M.S. in Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or related field required, PhD a plus
- 8+ years of experience in PVD techniques and leadership roles
- Hands-on experience with magnetron sputtering
- Experience in sputtered metal and/or TCO thin film is preferred
- Demonstrated record of solving challenging process problems in a team environment
- Strong engineering and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Experience in statistical process control (SPC), design of experiments (DOE), methodologies, JMP, SQL, and data management
- Strong teamwork skills
- Problem solving skills, both analytic and creative
- High energy, drive, and persistence
- Highly effective planning & organizing skills