CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need for a full year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
CommonBond is seeking a Senior Product Manager to lead the development of our in-school lending product that offers students and their parents a more affordable, transparent and customer-friendly loan to pay for college.
- Define the in-school student loan product roadmap by leveraging customer research and data to build insights that drive product prioritization
- Build and manage product backlog while addressing production support needs of the product
- Work with a dedicated engineering team to prioritize features that help us achieve our company goals
- Identify strategic opportunities for the product to delight new consumers and ultimately product growth
- Collaborate with Product Design, Engineering, Marketing, Business Development, Operations and Risk teams to identify insights to leverage in product development and planning
- Forecast impact of your products and then measure the performance of the features you release
- Test and iterate on the product experience, with a strong focus on funnel conversion
- Run daily stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospectives and manage the end-to-end design / build / test / release process
- 4+ years product management experience at a B2C technology company
- Customer-centric: You possess great customer empathy. You aren’t shy about speaking with customers firsthand to understand how they’re experiencing your product and leveraging their feedback to drive your roadmap
- Technical Acumen: ability to translate consumers insights into product requirements and acceptance criteria, working closely with engineering teams to deliver great products
- Communication: Effective communicator that can tailor communication style to the audience (ie more technical for engineering team communications, higher level for executive team communications)
- Data-Driven: Demonstrated desire and ability to use data and analytics to measure impact of products and features and ultimately drive prioritization
- Collaborative: You take high ownership of your product but balance that with a collaborative nature knowing that great ideas for product exist across the organization (and outside it!)
- Strategic: You understand the competitive landscape and job to be done by the customer. You think about how your product fits in that landscape today and where it can fit in the future.
- Hungry: You are a self-starter who is very comfortable setting your own agenda and working in a culture of high ownership and high expectations. You have a passion for shipping product
- Strong desire to make personal finance more human and easier to manage.
- Experience with agile development
- Experience in SQL, R, Python a plus