The Trust and Safety team at Kik works hard to ensure a safe and positive experience for all users. As the Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing continuous improvements to scale our Law Enforcement response operations. You’ll work quickly and effectively across the company to build and improve upon processes and documentation, coordinate communications internally and externally, in addition to growing and developing Kik’s high performing Trust and Safety team.
- Accountable for 24/7 global operations including analyzing workflow to identify inefficiencies, developing strategy to improve process, implementing change, and tracking progress.
- Manage, lead and inspire team leads, analysts and project managers by setting goals, coaching through challenges, and mentoring growth in real-time
- Develop and manage relationships with local and international Law Enforcement agencies
- Translate strategy into short-term strategic initiatives and monitors progress towards goals
- Oversee the handling of escalated and time sensitive trust and safety issues
- Collaborate with cross-functional leadership, including engineering, product management, and legal
- Develop/refine Law Enforcement related communications regarding trust and safety matters at KIk
- Manage relationships with third party vendors, negotiating terms and implementation strategies
- Keep up to date with industry trends and identifies areas of opportunity to drive efficiency
- Maintain all law enforcement guidelines, reference documents and training materials to ensure they are current and complete.
What we expect:
- 5+ years managing high performing teams in a fast paced, customer centric environment
- Background in investigations, and/or behavioural profiling an asset
- Prior Trust & Safety, legal, fraud, or operational experience, including experience dealing with online child exploitation content
- Experience setting operational or functional targets / strategic goals
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to view highly-sensitive material and process data with an analytical mind, while maintaining the wherewithal to drive your focus forward and calibrate as often as necessary.
- Strong knowledge of online legal issues and ability to effectively communicate challenges and escalations
- Ability to make hard decisions, and remain cool under pressure
- Positive and infectious "can do" attitude
Kik connects the world through chat. Kik is a chat platform with millions of active users where people can chat with friends and connect with chat-based services. Founded in 2009, Kik Interactive, Inc. is headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, with offices in Toronto, New York and Tel Aviv. For more information, please visit kik.com.
Created by Kik, Kin is a cryptocurrency that brings together a broad group of participants to create an open ecosystem of digital services that prioritizes consumer experience and choice. Implemented on the public Ethereum blockchain as an ERC20 token, Kin will serve as the basis of interoperability within the Kin Ecosystem. For more information, please go to kin.kik.com.