The Business Entity
The Core Software Group (CSG) has the charter for all Platform Independent and Platform Dependent software development across Switching (for data center, campus core and campus access), wireless, network services, routing, optical software and Enterprise routing and cable access. CSG is creating unprecedented customer value by providing cohesive and innovative software, platforms and solutions for Cisco's core networking customers.
Who You'll Work With
At Cisco, we build products that enable enterprises react faster to the intelligence derived from data. To do that requires a data centric platform that can receive events from a variety of network appliances, and other event sources, process and provides insights. Cisco’s data platform operates at massive scale processing billions of network events across the enterprise and converting that into actionable insights in real time. Cisco’s data platform team consists of Data Scientists, Data Modelers/Analysts, and Platform engineers collaborating on building the next generation data platform that powers the enterprise. You’ll work and collaborate as part of a disruptive QA team that is passionate about transforming the networking industry.
What You'll Do
· Work with the engineering team during the feature design and implementation phases to develop:
· Test methodology (designing the test approach) to test the feature end-to-end.
· Collaborate with other testing members, developers, technical writers, and customer solutions engineers to ensure the company delivers high quality products to our customers.
· Execute multiple iterations of the test plan by running manual and automated test cases.
· Analyze failures and root cause issues, file defects, follow up with developers, documentation and other teams on the resolution.
· Automate test cases.
· Monitor and manage continuous integration environment.
· Mentor team members.
· Have a high bar for quality of the product.
· Expertise in testing high performance, highly scalable solutions deployed on the cloud (AWS or others)
· Creative, independent, self-motivated and willing to learn new technology.
· Possess good understanding of QA methodologies and processes.
· Ability to take up variety of roles in a startup environment.
· Excellent troubleshooting abilities spanning multiple software and hardware components (such as switches, storage systems, kernels and containers).
· Good knowledge of Linux and should be comfortable with shell.
· Prior experience of programming, preferably in Python.
· Knowledge of ESXi, HyperV, KVM is a plus.
· Understanding of SDN concepts is a plus.
· Experience with distributed systems (databases, storage, map-reduce frameworks, etc.) is a plus.
· Strong test planning ability is a big plus.
· Experience in developing REST APIs, very good understanding of networking concepts, L2 - L7 protocols.
· Expertise in testing container technologies and writing containerized software (using docker, lxc, kubernetes or mesos)
Who You Are
The ideal candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a “take-charge” / “can-do” attitude and is able to demonstrate flexibility and resiliency. Work with geographically distributed teams across different time zones. As a key QA engineer, tag along with other core group of engineers and product management to deliver cutting edge systems and platforms. You will design, develop and deploy Quality Assurance plans, methodology and execution of one of the largest and most complex data platforms and solve one of the most challenging integration and scaling requirements that is deployed on the cloud as well as on-prem.
· 5 – 7 years of working experience in a high impact software development team
· MSEE/CS combined with 3+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 5+ yrs related experience.
· 3+ years’ experience with testing “systems” products (network analytics, networking, virtualization, etc.)
· Strong programming experience in Python, GoLang is a big bonus
· Linux systems engineering exposure, familiarity with Virtualization
· Prior working experience with CI Tools preferably Jenkins
· Prior working experience with version control system preferably Git.
· Experience in all phases of SW development cycle with some exposure to agile development methodologies
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
Intent-based networking is the difference between a network that needs continuous attention and one that simply understands what you need and makes it happen. It’s the difference between doing thousands of tasks manually and having an automated system that helps you focus on business goals. Cisco DNA is the open, software-driven platform that turns that vision into reality. Virtualization, automation, analytics, and cloud, all in one architecture. Cisco is once again pioneering the next age in networking. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.*