About the Role
We are currently in search of a Project Architect who is proficient and highly experienced with all phases of the design and construction process from schematic design through the bid process and construction administration. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for more responsibility, design freedom, and the hunger to create amazing spaces and revolutionize the definition of workspace.
As a Project Architect you will be involved in multiple projects from start to finish working with internal construction, design, logistics, operations and development teams as well as other inter-departmental groups. Externally, you will be managing and interfacing with hired consultants (MEP, Structural, local Architect of Record, GC’s and expeditor(s)).
- Ensure efficient and quality design projects, by collaborating with all teams on the execution of WeWork standards, goals and brand ideals.
- Communicate regularly to upper management and the project team with updates, for example, of the status of each project, potential issues on site, changes in schedule or budget, etc.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external team members.
- Ability to solve and manage any issues that may arise during the entire project, from deal release to opening.
- Responsible for determining and organizing functional requirements, providing programming and space planning, and code analysis with minimal direction.
- 4+ years practical experience in high end hospitality, Residential, Commercial or Retail Architectural Design.
- BArch / MArch Degree required.
- Proficient in the following programs: Revit, all things Google, CAD, SketchUp, MS Office
- Knowledge & comfort working with ADA, zoning, and building code.
- Produce construction documentation utilizing Revit on projects with minimal supervision.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in Schematic design, Design Development, permitting and construction documentation
- Ability to confidently review and markup these documents. Knowledge of all disciplines, preferred.
- Understanding of Project budgeting and scheduling with a focus on soft costs and the ability to communicate and work closely with consultants to ensure that project milestones are being met and deliverables are on time.
- Comprehensive knowledge of building materials and construction methods.
- Excellent design and communication skills
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented.
- Participate in project teams that include high profile/high visibility projects
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Ability to initiate and maintain extensive contacts with professionals and officials of other organizations and companies
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude, but open to feedback.
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational and ‘people’ skills
- A commitment to delivering outstanding high end design.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary, plus benefits package
- Casual dress code & employee development opportunities
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!