USA-FL-St. Petersburg-St. Petersburg Marriott ClearwaterView on map
Sep 22, 2017
Sales and Marketing
Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Menna Development and Management, Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Director of Sales is responsible for directing all efforts of a proactive sales team through selecting, motivating, developing, and leading by example to achieve individual and hotel revenue goals. This position plays a key role within the market sales organization to maximize revenue from each sales channel. The Director of Sales must demonstrate outstanding associate and customer relations and will act as a key element of the hotel management team. The individual will also be responsible in supporting Marriotts Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. The Director of Sales provides service to Marriotts customers to ensure growth and integrity of the Brand on behalf of Marriott Hotels and Resorts.
- Supports Marriotts Service and Relationship Strategy by planning and contracting the customers program/event, managing the success of the program/event and measuring service effectiveness.
- Executes and supports Marriotts Customer Service Standards, hotels Brand Standards and the operational aspects of business booked.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before, during and after the program event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
- Gains understanding of the hotels primary target customer and service expectations; services customer by understanding their business issues and concerns, to offer better solutions both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Partners with Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customers expectations.
- Acts as customer liaison with hotel during customer event/program ensuring daily needs are met and overall customer satisfaction.
- Highly motivates and leads property sales team in execution of sales strategy to achieve weekly sales, overall customer satisfaction, and revenue goals.
- Manages, develops and staffs property sales positions.
- Monitors weekly sales call reports and works with team to direct their efforts to business needs.
- Sustains a constant sense of urgency to generate demand and drive revenue.
- Exhibits a sense of urgency in follow up and response time to all leads.
- Perpetuates enthusiasm and a spirit of sales throughout the hotel team.
- Ensures a high level of associate and customer satisfaction.
- Leads effort in providing accurate, timely and complete turnover to property service team.
- Exhibits integrity through trust and relationship building.
- Responsible for the performance review process for sales managers.
- In partnership with Revenue Management, develops a revenue strategy to achieve short and long term revenue goals.
- Develops and executes a goal oriented action plan outlining planned sales activities on a quarterly basis.
- Reviews period end reports and adjusts sales plans appropriately to business needs.
- Works with property sales team to determine best accounts to deploy against.
- In conjunction with General Manager, prepares annual revenue budget and annual marketing plan.
- Develops and manages sales budget.
- Knowledgeable of available sales resources and tools and uses them to execute against goals.
- Uses available tools to understand the market conditions and competitors strengths and weaknesses, and knows how to sell against them.
- Leads the sales effort in proactively identifying, qualifying, and soliciting business opportunities through account and market penetration and saturation.
- Collaboratively works with on-property and off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to maximize revenue.
- Conducts hotel tours and site inspections for potential customers.
- Handles key account contacts in representing the hotel.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers.
- Effectively develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base.
- Leads the effort in responding to incoming group opportunities for the hotel.
- Creates customer correspondence as required, such as sales agreements, proposals and thank you letters.
Manages and motivates staff (including:hiring, termination, performance management and recognition of duties).
Schedules staff working hours as applicable.
Recruits, trains, schedules and evaluates subordinates according to established hotel procedures.
COMPETENCIES - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- The ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Develops project plans.
- The ability to read, write and follow instructions.
- Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities.
- Makes self available to staff.
- Provides regular performance feedback.
- Understands business implications of decisions.
- Displays orientation to profitability.
- Works within approved budget.
- Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Analyzes market and competition.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others attention.
- Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external).
- Ability to organize and prioritize time.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Treats people with respect.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Meets productivity standards.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING - Previous Director of Sales experience strongly preferred. Marriott experience strongly preferred. CI/TY experience strongly preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); College preferred, and three (3) years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This position works in an indoor setting.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.