Genomics Data Scientist-01I1P
Produce more. Conserve more. Improve lives. That’s
Monsanto’s vision for a better world. Achieving this vision demands
revolutionizing agriculture through technology and analytics is central to attaining
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated Genomics Data Scientist to join a cross-functional Precision Genomics team in the Genome and Marker Design platform of the Molecular Breeding Technology Program. This team interacts collaboratively across breeding, biotechnology teams and IT teams to achieve the Molecular Breeding Technology Program’s goals. The Genomics Data Scientist will apply computational and statistical methods to analyze large scale genetic, genotyping, & genomic data. This individual will play a key role in the optimization, development and implementation of new and existing technologies, specifications and data structure for high throughput genotyping. Additionally, he/she will contribute to experimental design and analysis of genotyping and genomics data quality.
- PhD degree or completion of a PhD degree in the next 6 months in Genetics, Genomics, Computational Biology or related field of study.
- Expertise in genomic data processing and comparative genomics, evaluation and analytics including variant calling, structural variation, presence/absence variation
- A strong interest in applied genomics analysis methodologies and proficiency with programming languages and statistics
- Proficiency with handling large datasets and minimal one scripting language (Python, Java, Perl, R) and experienced with Linux environment and command line tools.
- Cloud-based computing and analytics (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to summarize complex concepts in language understandable by scientists from a variety of disciplines
Job Research & Development
Primary LocationNorth America-USA-Missouri-St. Louis
Organization US Biotech - MBT_51013426