Data Warehouse/ETL Developer
Glasgow Technology Centre
Client Intelligence is a platform that provides analytics on clients, deals, bankers, products, and profitability measures at the detail and aggregated level across key business metrics and dimensions. It contains a service-oriented, secure and scalable information platform; it is a corporate finance dashboard targeted at senior and junior bankers across different lines of business within the firm.
IBIE serves as data warehouse for Banking and Research, Client Profitability/Analytics for IB Markets and Wholesale Client Profitability system for the Firm. The warehouse has five data marts and feeds to 20+ downstream systems. The platform uses many tools including Informatica, Oracle and columnar database Vertica. IBIE is one of the biggest database clusters in the Firm and runs about 1500 jobs every day.
Data warehouse Developer who is proficient in database and ETL implementations to support IBIE platform
- Ability to work in a highly energetic global environment showing ability to quickly overcome technical challenges and respond appropriately.
- Experience in working on projects with demanding timelines.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and able to bring industry standards and best practices, lessons learned to projects.
- Strong communication skills as this individual will need to work closely with clients, users and managers.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good team player, gets on well with others and able to work with people of different skill levels.
- An understanding of quality and process improvement.
- Good organization skills to keep track of issues & requests and ensure proper follow-up and closure
Design, development and L3 support of:
- Informatica PowerCenter mappings, sessions and workflows.
- Oracle Data Warehouse structures and content.
- Oracle and Vertica Data Mart structures and content.
- Autosys batch-schedule and associated unix bash scripts.
- Participate in agile daily scrums, sprint planning and sprint retrospective activities
- 7+ year experience and hands on proficiency in the following tools/skill sets are a must: Informatica, Oracle and UNIX scripting, delivering high quality solutions.
- Able to convert Business requirements into Functional / Technical specs
- SDLC lifecycle experience leading development efforts within data warehouse environment with complex dataflow and data integration from multiple sources with different integration strategies (push vs pull, file vs database, etc.).
- Knowledgeable with data warehouse concepts such as: SCDs, star schema, hierarchy, aggregation.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and work effectively within complex IT environment containing onshore/offshore model, multiple development and testing environments, sharing of environment with multiple teams, load balancing and disaster recovery setup.
- Knowledge of one or more of the followings would be a plus: Vertica, Autosys and star schema-based reporting.
- Ability to quickly grasp problems and issues and communicate effectively with other team members.
- Understanding of development using SCRUM and Agile practices
- Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement. The hiring manager is not committing to offering this, just highlighting openness to having the conversation.