Position at Bankrate.com
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Job Description
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be charged with providing analytics reporting and data-driven strategic insights, trends and perspectives. The ideal candidate will develop and maintain relevant reporting and perform critical data analysis necessary to monitor and improve revenue-related business goals for Bankrate.com. This role requires a proactive personality, extremely analytical mindset, attention to detail, and excellent time management and communication skills. This role will report to the Director of Business Intelligence and will be based in the Bankrate.com New York City Office.
- Own the data, analytics, and reporting to empower business verticals and build data innovations.
- Collaborate closely with all areas of the business (Product, SEO, Performance Marketing, Business Development, Social, Email, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Display/AdOps) to provide analysis, reporting and tool-building capabilities that inform our key stakeholders
- Utilize internal/external data sources to develop and maintain dynamic and scalable dashboards to track key performance metrics for the Bankrate Vertical businesses as well as specific sources of traffic, channels, or products.
- Investigate and analyze traffic trends using Google Analytics and data from other proprietary sources.
- Develop ROI business cases to support new and existing product development.
- Plan and execute methodical A/B tests to improve user experience and optimize revenue.
- Ensure data integrity across all performance-based metrics, tracking and reporting.
- Interpret and communicate information in a manner that can be comprehended by non-analytical audience.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. engineering, business, economics, finance, statistics, and analytics).
- Strong analytical background with a proven track record demonstrating an aptitude to compile data in comprehensive reports, analyze trends and make fact-based recommendations
- Strong experience with data extraction, manipulation and blending across different data sources (Google Analytics, DoubleClick for Publishers, SQL Server, Snowflake, AWS, Salesforce, flat files, etc). Experience with ETL tools a plus.
- Strong experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics tools. Google Tag Manager (GTM) experience a plus.
- Strong experience with using BI tools to build dynamic/scalable dashboards. Looker experience a plus.
- Proficient at writing SQL queries against complex databases for the purpose of data extraction.
- Experience with A/B, multivariate testing tools such as Optimizely.
- Knowledge of the Internet landscape, including a comprehension of display advertising, lead-oriented/search-oriented (cost per click, cost per lead, cost per call) business models.
- Ability to translate business questions into problems solvable using analytics tools, and enjoy converting the results of your analyses into visual stories tailored to the needs of the audience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and have experience working on and communicating with fast-paced, dynamic teams.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, success-driven, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude