Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years-- we are now active in nine markets, and on three continents.
The Team: Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and highly-collaborative environment that’s more startup than big company. We are looking for people who want to join an ambitious team whose goal it is to improve the daily lives of customers. If this sounds intriguing, then we’d like to talk to you about a role on the HelloFresh Special Operations team.
The Role: HelloFresh is looking for a Special Operations Manager, Production to engage with a cross-disciplinary team to conceive, design, and develop innovative strategies and solutions across all aspects of HelloFresh’s production process. This cross-functional role will work on a variety of projects to create process improvements, cost savings initiatives, and enhances operational efficiencies. This Special Operations Manager, Production role will collaborate with planning, production, quality, facilities, shipping/receiving, logistics, procurement, and other cross functional teams to define new processes and standardize existing ones.
About the Role
- Work alongside Vice President, Production and other executive management team in developing, implementing and executing a variety of strategic initiatives focused on scaling our business through expansion and lean operations
- Identify opportunities to improve production efficiencies and effectiveness across all aspects of our production process
- Identify, drive, and develop best practices, efficiencies, and project workflows
- Work with the production, operations, and other cross-functional teams to define varying production related process improvement projects
- Define and execute multiple time-sensitive, large-scale production projects to meet business objectives in defined time frames
- Communicate with key stakeholders and senior management on project status, strategy, risks, and issues
- Anticipate potential bottlenecks, provide innovative solutions to troubleshoot challenges, and balance business needs with technical constraints
- Combine in-depth operational analysis with hands-on learning to drive improvements across different parts of our production process to improve infrastructure and add value to customers
- Able to prioritize complex deliverables, have highly technical discussions, and run large meetings with all levels of employees (hourly associates, production manager, technical and business leaders, and senior management team members alike)
- Exceptional academic record with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from top tier college or university
- 2-4+ years of relevant experience working at a top tier management consulting firm with focus on production related projects or experience with one of the leading manufacturing companies
- Strong interest in production and operations management, as well as possessing the ability to learn quickly and apply your skillset to a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Proven experience establishing, implementing, and executing operational process in a production/manufacturing environment
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills; Advanced proficiency with Excel
- Self-motivated, driven and able to effectively work both independently and in a team environment
- Results oriented approach to your work and comfortable in an output-driven environment
- You have a strong product and program management background, and demonstrated experience leading projects, preferably in lean operations
- You have excellent verbal and written communication abilities (with technical and non-technical people)
- You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means that you are able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, and also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Richmond, CA
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.