The ideal candidate has a proven record of success creating and leading motivated teams. He/she must have a broad background with the ability to work with engineering, production team members, quality, and suppliers across a wide variety of issues. He/she will use these relationships to facilitate the implementation of production team recommended process improvements. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/she appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
- Build a strong, motivated production team capable of consistently delivering high quality products against aggressive production targets.
- Empower the production team to collaborate with engineering to improve product manufacturability and line productivity.
- Develop training programs and hiring plans for assembly team members.
- Support issue resolution including root cause investigation & corrective action tracking.
- Ensure quality standards are being met throughout the entire production process and support no defects from leaving a station or team area.
- Develop & maintain Standardized Manufacturing Instructions used in production assembly by the assembly team members.
Read Full Description
- 3+ year experience managing teams of people
- Experience in selecting and developing new team members
- Ability to work with and develop production performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs)
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Service in the United States Military Strongly Preferred.