The Production Associate will report to the Production Supervisor and will be responsible for performing assembly operations. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success in fast paced environments. He/she must have the ability to work with various teams in assembly including engineering, quality, and suppliers across a wide variety of issues/ corrective actions identified in production and field performance.
The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/she appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
. Essential Duties/Responsibilities
- To work on a production/prototype basis.
- Perform complex assembly work.
- Tasks require a high level of skill with a variety of hand tools, precision measuring equipment, and machinery.
- Typically involves a variety of operations, including troubleshooting and rework, requiring a sufficient understanding of the functional operation of the items assembled as well as the finished product.
- Must be able to work from complex and detailed manufacturing documentation and/or verbal and written instructions and specialized fixtures/test equipment.
- Assemblers are also responsible for quality activities, including self-inspection, and inspection.
- Updates production records and test results.
- Communicates test results, ideas and problems to technicians and engineers.
- Clean-up production areas as required.
- Identify discrepant materials/components both in writing and verbally to supervisor.
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules and within standard times.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
Read Full Description
- High School diploma or equivalent, or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Open minded with work schedules
- Open minded to working in an assigned production department
- Not currently a production associate or material handler contractor at Tesla
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions.
- Must have strong command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Must be reliable, have good initiative, committed, and quality focused.
- Ability to perform repetitious duties while standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 30-50 lbs on a daily basis
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment
- Served in the United States Military Strongly Preferred.