Who You Are…
In this newly-created role reporting to the VP, FP&A, you will lead the implementation of a corporate performance management (budgeting, forecasting and reporting) system; craft high-quality reporting packages, analysis, and commentary for executives, the Board and investors; and develop and maintain financial models, including the global 12-month cash projection.
You will support the next exciting phase in Hootsuite’s growth by contributing to the delivery of service excellence in the FP&A group.
You have 5+ years of relevant experience, and a CPA/CFA designation or Finance MBA. You are a natural problem solver, both analytical and strategic. You will be a leading contributor to the success of the FP&A team both individually as a team member, and by providing leadership, direction, and mentorship to staff. You’ve “been there, done that” with FP&A experience in companies ranging from 700-2000 employees, and up to $250m in annual revenue.
Executive, Board and Investor Reporting
- Design and deliver recurring reporting packages and commentary on business results, suitable for executive and Board-level audiences.
- Produce analysis and value-added insight/commentary on business results and projections, focusing on key drivers, trends, and risks and opportunities.
- Support quarterly operational and P&L reporting for investors, as well as preparing materials for investor and financing needs.
- Develop standard KPIs in line with SaaS industry standards to be used for reporting, including socializing with executives as necessary.
FP&A Data and Systems
- Oversee the implementation, deployment and administration of a cloud-based corporate performance management (budgeting, forecasting and reporting) system.
- Engage with Business Insights & Analytics and IT teams to ensure accuracy, completeness and consistency of data used in finance analysis and accounting.
- Enhance and maintain the company’s 12-month cash projections model, providing accurate visibility on global liquidity.
- Deliver insights and make supportable recommendations regarding cash management.
- Participate in developing financial models for decision support and investment allocation, company wide.
You’re Great At…
- Maintaining a “big picture” perspective, identifying key drivers, risks/and opportunities in business performance.
- Managing projects and building scalable, repeatable processes and reporting.
- Producing and reviewing high-quality reports and analyses that are visible at the highest levels of the organization.
- Leveraging financial data to provide actionable insight.
- Communicating clearly to non-finance audiences, verbally and in writing.
- Financial modeling and analyzing data and performance, particularly with Excel and corporate performance management tools.
- Leading people, including mentoring, coaching and providing feedback and recognition.
- Recent experience in an FP&A transformation initiative.
- Experience with cloud-based corporate performance management (budgeting, forecasting, and reporting) systems.
- Broad experience in a large, complex or global organization.
- Public company experience.
- Treasury/cash management experience.
- Netsuite experience.