Who You Are…
You will lead a talented team of FP&A business unit analysts in supporting the next exciting phase in Hootsuite’s growth. FP&A BU Support works closely with leaders across the organization for budgeting/planning, performance reporting, variance analysis and decision support.
Reporting to the VP, FP&A, you are an experienced FP&A professional who is an accomplished, trusted, and proactive business partner, equally adept at analyzing numbers and building strong relationships with cross-functional leaders and your team. You excel in a collaborative team environment and can clearly articulate recommendations to influence stakeholder buy-in and decision making.
You have 5+ years of relevant experience, and a CPA/CFA designation or Finance MBA. You are a natural problem solver, analytical and strategic. You will be a leading contributor to the success of the FP&A team, both individually as a team member, and by providing leadership, direction, and mentorship to staff. You’ve “been there, done that” with FP&A experience in companies ranging from 700-2,000 employees, and up to $250m in annual revenue.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Lead the FP&A team that works closely with all functional areas of the business to prepare budgets and forecasts.
- Develop standardized, scalable processes and reporting for budgeting and forecasting, ensuring budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time.
- Directly provide ongoing FP&A support to the functional areas of the business, and as needed on an ad-hoc basis.
- Interact with executive stakeholders regarding financial results and performance.
- Lead the development of long-range financial plans.
- Participate in the implementation and roll-out of a cloud-based corporate performance management (budgeting, forecasting and reporting) system.
- In consultation with internal stakeholders and your FP&A team, develop standardized, recurring management reporting, including variance analysis.
- Establish reporting calendar and service-level expectations for recurring reporting.
- Establish regular cadence and format for ongoing business performance reviews/variance analysis with budget holders.
- Support month-end / quarter-end reporting for Accounting and the Board.
- Leverage corporate performance management system to automate routine reporting
- Scope out, execute and review ad hoc report requests.
Lead Finance Business Partners Team
- Oversee and develop small team of finance professionals.
- Mentor, coach and provide feedback and recognition to the team.
- Jointly set priorities, and review team’s deliverables to ensure a high quality standard is maintained.
You’re Great At…
- Partnering with cross-functional leaders to provide best-in-class financial analytics and decision support.
- Communicating clearly to non-finance audiences, verbally and in writing.
- Developing standardized, yet lean, processes and structure that enable Finance to support a rapidly-growing business.
- Navigating ambiguity, making recommendations and putting them into action.
- Financial modeling and analyzing data and performance, particularly with Excel and corporate performance management tools.
- Reviewing deliverables to ensure a high quality standard is maintained.
- Leading a team of talented finance professionals.
- Recent experience in an FP&A transformation initiative.
- Experience with cloud-based corporate performance management (budgeting, forecasting, and reporting) systems.
- Broad FP&A experience in a large, complex or global organization.
- Public company experience.
- Experience leading staff across multiple locations.