Who You Are…
You will play an essential role in supporting the next exciting phase in Hootsuite’s growth. As an FP&A analyst, you will gain a deep understanding of our business and be a key player in setting, monitoring and exceeding our financial plans and forecasts.
Working with the Manager, FP&A Business Unit Support, you will support leaders across the organization providing real insight, advisory services, and decision support to enable the achievement of financial plans, as well as identifying issues and opportunities for improved business performance. You are equally adept at analyzing numbers and building strong relationships with cross-functional leaders. You excel in a collaborative team environment and are an excellent communicator. You will use these skills to influence stakeholder buy-in and decision support.
You have 3+ years of relevant experience, and a CPA/CFA designation or Finance MBA. You are a natural problem solver, analytical and strategic, with exceptional financial modeling skills. Ideally, you’ve gained your FP&A experience in companies ranging from 700-2,000 employees, and up to $250m in annual revenue.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Collaborate with budget holders across the organization to prepare the annual budget, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and transparency of assumptions/drivers.
- Monitor actual results vs. budget and meet regularly with budget holders to review variances and changes.
- Produce forecast updates and long-range financial plans.
- Continually build awareness of/accountability for revenue, cost structures and profitability across the organization.
- Participate in the implementation and roll-out of a cloud-based corporate performance management (budgeting, forecasting and reporting) system.
Business Cases / Decision Support
- Develop financial models for business cases and decision support, including discounted cash flow and financial statement modeling.
- Conduct post-mortems on business cases.
- In consultation with internal stakeholders and Manager, Finance Business Partners, develop standardized, recurring management reporting, including variance analysis.
- Leverage corporate performance management system to automate routine reporting.
- Provide analysis, commentary and insights for inclusion in corporate performance reporting to executives, Board and investors.
You’re Great At…
- Financial modeling and analyzing data and performance, particularly with Excel and corporate performance management tools.
- Partnering with cross-functional leaders to provide best-in-class financial analytics and decision support.
- Communicating clearly to non-finance audiences, verbally and in writing.
- Navigating ambiguity, making recommendations and putting them into action.
- Collaborating effectively across functional areas and at all levels of the organization.
- Effectively managing deadlines while maintaining a best-in-class quality standard for deliverables.
- Recent experience in an FP&A transformation initiative.
- Experience with cloud-based corporate performance management (budgeting, forecasting, and reporting) systems.
- Broad FP&A experience in a large, complex or global organization.
- Public company experience.